Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

2 hours ago, DonkeyKong said:

Core Drilling in progress at the uptown cabaret site today.   There is a joke here somewhere. :tw_grin:

I mean, there could be drilling at DeeDee Harris wet site off of Park Rd, but that big pit isn't getting any action outside of mosquitoes.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Mid South NC said:

Wow, this thread has gone relatively dormant 

This is the first post in a week! 

Really hope the office part of the development  does not disappointment in final rendering reveal. 

Sounds like it's time to start speculating on who the anchor tenant is…no?

Edited by DonkeyKong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I gave you my guess Bank of America but someone is interested in this building or this developer would have not come from Chicago to propose such a huge project.  remember what they said"  our national clients are drawing us to Charlotte"

here is Bank of America's building in Chicago which Riverside developed.

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/chicagos-bank-america-tower-completes-opens

The Chicago building is more than double the square footage of the one proposed here, yet this Chicago building is 56 stories.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I gave you my guess Bank of America but someone is interested in this building or this developer would have not come from Chicago to propose such a huge project. 

If it is BofA, I like to think they drew Riverside to Charlotte in part because they felt Legacy Union missed the mark architecturally and from a street activation standpoint, lol.

Kind of like: See Lincoln Harris, this is how it is done.  :D

• Like 2

I still have heard some relocation prospects from the Golden State to Nutmeg state so it could be one of those but who knows.  But I think BofA wants to attract the best people and they do view their buildings like that (as BofA has moved to new buildings all over the country in the last few years in Houston, San Antonio , Chicago etc)  and they have lots of people in what I would call class B or B+ buildings in uptown.  Younger techies might like a Southend location like this site.  

• Like 2

I have a new guess for a lead tenant for either Riverside project or Crescent's Carson Southend.  I totally forgot about US Bank and they are the sponsor of the new pedestrian Rail Trail bridge over 277.  They have a good bit of space in Truist Tower a tower that bank owns and probably does not want a competitor right in their building and probably will not renew their lease.  They could anchor either building in the 200-300K sq foot range or more and make a big splash with their new digs.  So throw US Bank's name in the mix.   US Bank based in Minneapolis and quite active in Chicago home of Riverside.    Plus a location with their logo on the building would be seen for miles up and down 277 and throughout Southend.    Someone with good graphic art skills could easily put their logo on one of these buildings.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

My prediction:

Enterprise site office tower: Chewy

Midnight Diner site office tower: US Bank

Chewy is interesting comment.  I looked their corporate HQ and claim 2 one in Boston and one in south Florida in Dania Beach.  Boston high cost location hard to attract people to unless you are from New England.  South Florida is more expensive than Charlotte but no state income tax. 

https://www.chewy.com/app/content/about-us

will this dog hunt?  is this credible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Chewy is interesting comment.  I looked their corporate HQ and claim 2 one in Boston and one in south Florida in Dania Beach.  Boston high cost location hard to attract people to unless you are from New England.  South Florida is more expensive than Charlotte but no state income tax. 

https://www.chewy.com/app/content/about-us

will this dog hunt?  is this credible.

I'm not commenting on the conjecture but NC is phasing out corporate income taxes shortly and has a very reasonable rate for individuals. Moreover, Texas (no state income tax) property taxes are more than double NC. FL (referenced in your comment) are also higher. Taxes shouldn't be a reason organizations don't move here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBS said:

I'm not commenting on the conjecture but NC is phasing out corporate income taxes shortly and has a very reasonable rate for individuals. Moreover, Texas (no state income tax) property taxes are more than double NC. FL (referenced in your comment) are also higher. Taxes shouldn't be a reason organizations don't move here.

But it is.  Corporate taxes and overall cost of doing business are very much a factor of course along with talent pool.  Florida is one of the largest sources of new residents to NC for lots of reasons and many come from south Florida.  Charlotte's great airport and centralized location on the east coast is another.  

• Like 1