Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

11 minutes ago, kermit said:

It is, and this is certainly better than many projects. But it is just another example of consuming significant amounts of space with parking in one of the most walkable and transit friendly sites in Charlotte.

I understand its not realistic to do less, but if not now, when?

In the future, apparently.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

I rubbed elbows with all the biggies tonight, they announced to the group and confirmed in person, that Charlotte is the future, and would be one of their top focuses over the next 5-10 years.

stumbled upon this earlier…it’s an older article, but ceo of riverside is quoted and he explains why they are branching out to new markets like the QC.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ryan-ori/ct-biz-where-chicago-developers-are-investing-ryan-ori-20200102-vwveufqe3jelpnsfxr3arywzxi-story.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Seems like from the announced floors that the office building will be over 600’ and the taller Apartment in the 350’ range and smaller apartment over 200’.

If the taller apartment is 40 floors, then it should be taller than Avenue(36 floors and 425 feet tall). My best guess is that if the taller apartment building is 40 floors, then it should be in the 450 ft range, and the office building I would guess around 650 feet.  Keyword, guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLT Development said:

bingo

Still integrating 2.5 acres of open space on top of, and around those parking decks.

Here is site plans for all my friends on here. Thanks for your support even when I get grumpy. I get grumpy because there is so many things I want to share with you guys every single day. This site has been part of my life since I was 16, and I'm now 37, and fully integrated into the conversation of what happens in this city.

Amenity Floor.jpg

1237217144_GroundFloor.jpg

So the retail on the 9th floor. Is that open to the public, or just the office and apartments?

Also, I had literally no idea there was a Rail Trail pedestrian bridge in the works across 277. It looks beautiful and will serve a great purpose. 

What are the odds it can have the crown logo, or "CHARLOTTE" or something else written on it? I can easily see it becoming an iconic landmark of the city if done right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

So the retail on the 9th floor. Is that open to the public, or just the office and apartments?

there is a sky lobby aspect ground floor retail then parking levels as a long base then the 3 towers sprout.  Public accessible area for restaurants bars etc and that fitness club.  

5 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

stumbled upon this earlier…it’s an older article, but ceo of riverside is quoted and he explains why they are branching out to new markets like the QC.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ryan-ori/ct-biz-where-chicago-developers-are-investing-ryan-ori-20200102-vwveufqe3jelpnsfxr3arywzxi-story.html

very interesting indeed.  The high cost big metros face a lot of headwinds Chicago included and that is one of the many reasons DC, NYC and now Chicago developers are rolling into NC in both Charlotte and Raleigh Durham.  We have attracted lots of developers from those 3 areas. 

• Like 1