Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

4 hours ago, SydneycartonII said:

It seems that we are in a recession.  Many projects in NY and Miami are proceeding.   It should be the same in the QC.  By the time the recession ends, the projects will be well-along and ready for tenants.

We are not in recession.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Yes if their anchor tenant is there and who I think it is yes.  that being a major US Bank whose offices are now in  another major US bank's own building.   

Just a side note US Bank has 55 open jobs here in the QC! 

think it 40 stories.  But it is a dramatic tower that raises the bar here.   that is what their website says

https://queensbridgecollective.com/

Is the tenant a US Bank?  (I like how you phrased it.)

How much space (in terms of square feet)  does US Bank current occupy  in Charlotte?  Do you think that they’ll take 300k sf, 500k sf, or even fill the tower.  I was surprised to see that it’s 750k sf.

Edited by SydneycartonII
  • Like 2

I think they occupy about 250K sq ft US Bank but it could be more.  But if they moved to new space I am sure it would be more square footage than their currently space.  Most in the Truist Tower and some at 201 South Tryon which I am sure they would consolidate to a new location.  If the workplace is amenity for workers why wouldn't you want to be in a stunning new building with your name plastered on top?  That is a great recruiting tool in the competitive labor pool of the Charlotte banking world.   Look at Ally's new building.  Could easily see US Bank needed 375K sq ft or so in one space.   I miscounted on open jobs I eliminated any branch job and US Bank has 130 job postings here.  You have to search by different areas of the bank but this 130 would be non branch level jobs including quite a bit of tech jobs. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think they occupy about 250K sq ft US Bank but it could be more.  But if they moved to new space I am sure it would be more square footage than their currently space.  Most in the Truist Tower and some at 201 South Tryon which I am sure they would consolidate to a new location.  If the workplace is amenity for workers why wouldn't you want to be in a stunning new building with your name plastered on top?  That is a great recruiting tool in the competitive labor pool of the Charlotte banking world.   Look at Ally's new building.  Could easily see US Bank needed 375K sq ft or so in one space.   I miscounted on open jobs I eliminated any branch job and US Bank has 130 job postings here.  You have to search by different areas of the bank but this 130 would be non branch level jobs including quite a bit of tech jobs. 

This sounds promising.  I wonder how long excavation will take before we see steel rising above ground.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mid South NC said:

Queensbridge will really serve to bridge the Uptown skyline towards Southend in a few years. 

D1944DBE-36BD-450B-82A8-40933380D833.jpeg

Absolutely will - with all of the projects currently under construction now and those about to break ground later this year, the Uptown/SouthEnd Skyline will merge and grow up into Young Adulthood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

Yes, big works of architecture can be attractive, but a bit disappointed that Raleigh spanks us in approving and implementing social districts, in eliminating parking minimums to catalyze so much more adaptive reuse, etc.  If big city is an attitude and sensibility, then Raleigh may be doing rings around us.

Have you been to Raleigh. They are building towers with big decks all like us. North hills is all parking, downtown south is all parking. I am not sure they are living up to that hype.

• Like 4

Have you been to Raleigh. They are building towers with big decks all like us. North hills is all parking, downtown south is all parking. I am not sure they are living up to that hype.

I agree. I’ve been to downtown Raleigh several times (night, different points in the day) and wouldn’t say it’s as active as Uptown/southend. Maybe I’ve been there at off days but just doesn’t seem as lively. Yes they have some zones but they’re small areas as compared to Charlotte. That’s not say it’s all bad there. They got us beat in other things.
Yes, big works of architecture can be attractive, but a bit disappointed that Raleigh spanks us in approving and implementing social districts, in eliminating parking minimums to catalyze so much more adaptive reuse, etc.  If big city is an attitude and sensibility, then Raleigh may be doing rings around us.

Probably not in this though. Charlotte is larger and therefore has many more areas I think that could be social districts that need to be considered.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

Of course, Raleigh is guilty of many of Charlotte's historical sins.  Both are cities undergoing extraordinary change/rapid evolution.  The distinction I'm citing, however, is that Raleigh has eliminated parking minimums, a major step toward setting itself on a new course, whereas Charlotte doesn't even appear to be oriented in that direction.

So I wouldn't judge the appearances of the two cities now, but rather their future orientations.  And on that score, Raleigh is spanking us.

I agree - CLT City Council appears to be apprehensive about eliminating the Parking Minimum but honestly if they did then Market Forces more strongly would dictate parking ratios.  Social Districts would be a good idea too.  I guess Raleigh City Council is just more experimental.

• Like 4

Of course, Raleigh is guilty of many of Charlotte's historical sins.  Both are cities undergoing extraordinary change/rapid evolution.  The distinction I'm citing, however, is that Raleigh has eliminated parking minimums, a major step toward setting itself on a new course, whereas Charlotte doesn't even appear to be oriented in that direction.
So I wouldn't judge the appearances of the two cities now, but rather their future orientations.  And on that score, Raleigh is spanking us.

They should probably enact parking maximums maybe based on an acceptable ratio and depending on the land use. Lower ratios for TOD. That would do more than eliminating parking minimums.
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, RANYC said:

So I wouldn't judge the appearances of the two cities now, but rather their orientations to the future.  And on that score, Raleigh is spanking us.

OK, then lobby and contact the new COC City Councilmembers to support the parking minimums elimination prior to the final vote on the UDO in September.  You as a citizen has as much power as the developers to influence the COC City Council. This is why I encourage you all to email, call, or meet with them on advocating your opinion of what they should support in rezonings and the UDO. 

• Like 2

Charlotte is so vastly superior to Raleigh.  People in the Triangle forum fume when I express that opinion, but it’s true.  Raleigh is a fine city, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Charlotte.

As far as parking podiums, I think that pretty much every American city other than NY, DC, and Boston has them.  They’re common in Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, etc.

Edited by SydneycartonII
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, kayman said:

OK, then lobby and contact the new COC City Councilmembers to support the parking minimums elimination prior to the final vote on the UDO in September.  You as a citizen has as much power as the developers to influence the COC City Council. This is why I encourage you all to email, call, or meet with them on advocating your opinion of what they should support in rezonings and the UDO. 

Has the final vote on UDO been pushed to September?  Thought it was happening in August before the new council gets seated. 

1 minute ago, RANYC said:

Has the final vote on UDO been pushed to September?  Thought it was happening in August before the new council gets seated. 

Well regardless of if it is August or September, I would lobby them via email and/or call or at the meeting itself to say put the parking minimums back into the final action legislation of the UDO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1