Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

2 hours ago, nicholas said:

As someone from Raleigh, and currently living in Charlotte, I feel like there is an inordinate amount of disdain towards Charlotte from Raleigh development enthusiasts.  Whereas there isn't as much disdain from Charlotte enthusiasts towards Raleigh, but mostly a lack of awareness of what's going on there.  Either way though, I don't think the cities are all that comparable, whether it's economy, skyline, transit, etc.  They both grew differently through the last century and obviously have become immensely popular, but I think everyone can agree that there are things here in Charlotte that can improved on, and I'm sure those in Raleigh would agree that the same holds true there.

I'm on another forum that is focused on Raleigh development, and there are way too much many posters complaining about this, complaining about that, "but at least we're not Charlotte".  Like come on, I like Raleigh too but that sort of attitude really pushes me away...

Interesting, I'm disappointed that people on that Raleigh forum have been saying that. I'm guessing it just comes from a position of insecurity as they are constantly aware of the fact that Charlotte has a higher population and a much more impressive skyline. However I think that's a pretty silly thing to be insecure about since there are plenty of things that are really cool about the Triangle (being arguably the center of American college basketball is one of my favorites). 

I don't even really understand the concept of having disdain towards another city from a development perspective. Like okay, is it a little disappointing when a company picks another city over yours for some big move, sure... but that's different from actively disliking and insulting another city, especially one so close by. At the end of the day we love our hometowns and our cities for what they are, not what they aren't.

I'll be a proponent of Raleigh-Charlotte unity forever. I'll even throw in the Triad. I just love North Carolina.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just on wikipedia for something else and saw where they have the heights of the 2 Riverside towers in the QBC.  

Does anyone know if this correct and where it came from?  It says the office tower is 42 stories and 557 feet tall and the residential tower is 45 stories and 596 feet tall.  But that seems reversed in the height in feet to me.    I am talking about the actual height of the 2 towers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Charlotte

• Like 3

Just on wikipedia for something else and saw where they have the heights of the 2 Riverside towers in the QBC.  
Does anyone know if this correct and where it came from?  It says the office tower is 42 stories and 557 feet tall and the residential tower is 45 stories and 596 feet tall.  But that seems reversed in the height in feet to me.    I am talking about the actual height of the 2 towers. 

I’m not sure about the accuracy as I think they used a typical floor calculation using a standard high rise level height of 13.25 ft: (13.25 x 45 = 596.25, 13.25 x 42 = 556.5).
I definitely agree that the heights appear to be reversed.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Never trust Wikipedia 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It’s based on an estimate of another site and not from a source “in the know.”

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

the floorplates of the new 2 tower complex of the office building seem to be bigger now and that is more desirable for office tenants.  (and that may be something their anchor maybe a Bank in the US wanted too) so I am all for it.  This is a signature office tower for this skyline and the residential tower even looks better now than the 2 residential tower first proposals.

Aerial rendering depicting the rooftop lounge area of 1111 South Tryon

I agree.  This is going to be a really magnificent project that will be “fit for a Queen.”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3