Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

17 hours ago, SouthendSnoop said:

I completely agree. It’s pretty much becoming it’s own city. 

as for the tenant, I wouldn’t be suprised if bofa signed a lease and made it a part of their tech center. Gateway village is incredibly outdated and not what a Fortune 500 company should be pushing in order to draw new tech talent. 

Thank you, light rail and solid planning.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This office tower keeps getting bigger and bigger.  In the intial press release it was at least 800,000 sq ft then I heard 1 M sq ft now I am hearing 1.2 M sq ft which would put it as the 2nd or so biggest office tower in the city.  DEC is 1.3 M sq ft and BofCC is 1.2 M sq ft.   All this leads me to  almost certainty there is an anchor tenant for this building and I have a few ideas whom it is.  

Awesome insight! Any hints as to whom it may be?

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This office tower keeps getting bigger and bigger.  In the intial press release it was at least 800,000 sq ft then I heard 1 M sq ft now I am hearing 1.2 M sq ft which would put it as the 2nd or so biggest office tower in the city.  DEC is 1.3 M sq ft and BofCC is 1.2 M sq ft.   All this leads me to  almost certainty there is an anchor tenant for this building and I have a few ideas whom it is.  

I'm all for a new large and tall office tower but I'm beginning to wonder if South End is the appropriate place for such height. I think a tower of this magnitude would be an albatross in South End and would much rather see it in Uptown proper. I understand the magnetic pull of South End but have mixed feelings about a building this size there.

A block away from a light rail stop I see. I get it.

Edited by carolinaboy
added thought
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Gateway Village has a terrible reputation among BofA employees. Being assigned that office is like getting cast away to a deserted island. The vibe is depressing, it isn't walking distance to anything appealing, it isn't well connected to the other offices Uptown, et...

This is probably true since I've heard it enough elsewhere. I work in the 900 building (NOT for the bank). I like the building/complex, though I definitely miss the YMCA that closed. It's better now with the streetcar too. But I guess if you work for BOA, it's Siberia. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I would be happy if this was Charlotte's new tallest or so. I doubt it would be but it'd be sweet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Not for sure but Riverside in its press release said "our national tenants are driving up to this market"   one of their anchors in Chicago is .....Bank of America.    BofA is doing a flight to quality new buildings everywhere from Houston to Chicago to even here in Charlotte.  Look they moved out of 101 Independence and the previously named BofA Plaza at the Square.  BofA leases a lot of space uptown but they own several buildings like BofACC,  1 BAC,  Gateway Plaza,  400 N Tryon building but they lease more space around town in 5/3 Tower,  the 525 Tryon building, Gateway Center,  WakeForest Center on N College and I am probably missing some places too.    They love to shuffle people around uptown too in different spots depending growth or no growth of that department.  

This list is from 2015 so could be out of date from the Biz Journal about BofA space uptown:

BofA’s big blocks uptown

Gateway Village: 1 million square feet     OWN THIS 

1 Bank of America Center: 700,000 square feet   OWN THIS 

Bank of America Corporate Center: 600,000 square feet   OWN THIS 

Bank of America Plaza: 400,000 square feet   VACATED 

Transamerica Square: 400,000 square feet  OWN THIS 

Wake Forest University Charlotte Center: 400,000 square feet   LEASED 

Hearst Tower: 350,000 square feet   VACATED 

Fifth Third Center: 300,000 square feet   LEASE 

Gateway Center: 300,000 square feet   LEASE 

101 Independence Center: 250,000 square feet  VACATED 

525 North Tryon: 200,000 square feet  LEASE

620 SOUTH TRYON LEGACY 600,000 sq ft here now (my add) 

so to answer my own question could they move out of 2 or 3 places and anchor a huge new office tower.  YES

I certainly think it's possible for BofA, but my doubts stem from the roles that fill out Gateway and Wake(the two least desirable offices in uptown). BofA typically only keeps profit centers in class A+ offices and Gateway & WF has few of those. I could see a push to get tech folks in a fancy office but that would be a change to the current model.  Someone buy one of the  JLL folks a few beers and get the scoop for us.  

• Haha 1