Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

12 hours ago, RANYC said:

She's right.  Having said that, tell her the new project at the Price's site comes with retail, so perhaps there will be a bar or restaurant for you to enjoy, and if you're lucky, something you can sit in which would be an improvement over Price's given it was strictly line-waiting and then carry-out:).  Also, with Price's gone, I now grab a bite at Flower Child without the temptation of artery-clogging chicken so close by.  

Hot take, once Price's dumped the tater tots for crinkly fries, they started going down-hill (sadly).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBS said:

Exactly. They didn't lose their lease and weren't forced to close. They owned the building and property and cashed out. They are undoubtedly far less nostalgic about all of this than their customers.  And, as others indicated, the food was not that great. I'd have preferred they stay for the history and local color but there is far better fried chicken available (including at a gas station a block away).  I don't eat fast food much but even the Bojangles on Tryon/West is probably better.

I took two of my friends to Price's Chicken years ago and they definitely didn't care for the chicken.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, RANYC said:

Also, with Price's gone, I now grab a bite at Flower Child without the temptation of artery-clogging chicken so close by.  

Well I never got to try Price's because whenever I was in Charlotte it happened to be on days, or during a time of day, when they were closed . . . except during the holidays last year; I finally made it there during a time when they were open.  But we were deep into the pandemic and I would be seeing my elderly parents the next day (albeit from a distance).  I was not about to take any risks.  The inside of Price's was so jam-packed with customers and there was no way was I going to go inside of there with all those people, no matter how amazing their chicken might be.  I lingered around outside for at least half an hour waiting for customers to empty out so I could go inside, but people kept on coming, continuing to crowd into that tight space.  So I finally gave up and went to Flower Child instead.  And Flower Child was amazing!  I had a wonderful, delicious lunch and left feeling no guilt about the meal I had just consumed.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, navigator319 said:

^ Poor north tryon. Even after putting a place holder in for 7th street.

I think we know who to blame for that massive speed bump in the road.  My belief is that 1st Ward would be VASTLY different (especially from a skyline view at this point), if some fender head "developer" didn't create the former and current chokehold on that area of Uptown.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

I think we know who to blame for that massive speed bump in the road.  My belief is that 1st Ward would be VASTLY different (especially from a skyline view at this point), if some fender head "developer" didn't create the former and current chokehold on that area of Uptown.

No doubt,  but the homelessness on that side of uptown also creates a massive hurdle. 

if you’re going to spend hundreds of millions developing a property, spending $10 million more to locate in an area not overrun with panhandlers is not going to make it break the project.  

while on the topic of Levine, I really wish the city would do something about that parking garage.  Infuriating that it’s allowed to be left unfinished like that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Niner National said:

while on the topic of Levine, I really wish the city would do something about that parking garage.  Infuriating that it’s allowed to be left unfinished like that. 

Amen, and why do none of the Charlotte media ever report on Daniel Levine and his unwillingness to develop?  Why do public officials avoid criticizing him?  Regarding the homeless, I get your point but they are partly still there because of Levine's intransigence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBS said:
2 hours ago, CLT @❤️ said:

well, from the horses mouth. He has certainly perfected the art of doing nothing. 

https://plancharlotte.org/story/daniel-levine-interview-first-ward-plan-charlotte

I've read this 4 times over the years and I get more pissed off every time. He is the worst...

I read it again the other day and got so angry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBS said:

I've read this 4 times over the years and I get more pissed off every time. He is the worst...

I just tried to read it too.  Just awful. Proud of having torn down the old Rogers, Dixon building as his first project. Ugh.  My family company actually rented space in it in the late 50s and early 60s.  It could've been a landmark, even though just a warehouse. (Unless I'm mistaken about the building)

• Like 1