Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Southend vs downtown Raleigh.   Raleigh would have a few more towers but Southend more height with the Queens  Collective Tower. 

I was coming up tonight on I-277 the John Belk and trying to imagine the tall high rises 1 block in from 277.   The ONLY places I can think of a view like this are I-110 rolling into downtown Los Angeles from the south with tall high rises on both sides and the Woodall Rogers Freeway in Dallas with downtown Dallas on the right coming east and uptown Dallas skyline on the left.  

This is truly a unique view we will have.  It will make Charlotte looks enormous in the big building count.  

I took a look at the Woodall Rogers Freeway you mentioned on Google Earth.  Looks like there is a partial cap on it that stretches for two or three city blocks. You get the great view of the skyscrapers before dipping under the cap (which is a park) for a hot second. Would love something like that for 277, would really help connect Uptown to South End and make better use of all that space.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

Also, when is potential groundbreaking?

I think it was stated to be in the 4th Quarter of 2022, so really would be anytime from late October until maybe Jan/Feb 2023 since construction work usually does kick off a bit slower these days (due to labor/material shortages)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• atlrvr changed the title to Queensbridge Collective (Uptown Cabaret Midnight diner site) - 3 towers
9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I drove by yesterday and saw that nothing is happening here.   Is the developer  waiting to sign a tenant before it begins work?  Also, are all three buildings going to rise simultaneously?

Construction isn't set to begin until late this year i believe, so I wouldn't expect to see much happening until closer to then. All three towers will not be built at the same time. The office tower and maybe one of the residential towers will be first, followed by the second residential tower later.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Construction isn't set to begin until late this year i believe, so I wouldn't expect to see much happening until closer to then. All three towers will not be built at the same time. The office tower and maybe one of the residential towers will be first, followed by the second residential tower later.

Thanks.  This tower is really going to form a bridge between Uptown and SouthEnd and will make it seem like one contiguous area.

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

It also gives them room to stage materials  (lay down yard) for such a huge project (the office tower and apartment tower)

Does it? Genuinely asking. My impression is that the "podium" up to the amenity level would still be built in phase 1. It seems like parking and utility stuff at the very least extend under the footprint of that tower. And hard to see the amenity deck excluding that section based on the drawing.

34 minutes ago, TCLT said:

Does it? Genuinely asking. My impression is that the "podium" up to the amenity level would still be built in phase 1. It seems like parking and utility stuff at the very least extend under the footprint of that tower. And hard to see the amenity deck excluding that section based on the drawing.

I was wondering about that.  It looks like all three towers share a single base/podium.   Therefore, I wonder if the whole "site" will be built at once even though they'll wait for the second residential tower on the Morehead St side.

Edited by SydneyCarton