Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

On 9/9/2022 at 10:04 PM, DJ8hep said:

I agree, I want to put a guess that it will come just over 600’ (like 608’-612’).

I love SkyscraperPage! I’ve been referencing that website since like 2006!!
I’ll be curious to know what they changed when those are published. Definitely agree though.

That is a cool visualization of Charlotte skyscrapers and high-rises on that site

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Isn’t it basically the same thing but a little shorter?  It looks amazing.

I like how the two buildings connect.  It reminds me of some buildings on the  High Line in the “city that shall go nameless.”

these are their current renderings on their website I am saying I am hearing and people on UP are reporting the main office tower is a bit shorter like 37 floors but not sure of any of changes. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Poo Diddy said:

It's going to be interesting to see how (if) this one progresses.  From what I hear their budgets vs real cost of material is stark.  Architects drew a Ferrari and they have Lexus budgets. 

I'll 2nd what KJ is saying; the office tower may come out shorter than expected.  

Queensbridge to Duchessbridge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, FLOSC843 said:

This is giving me 2015 vibes of Tryon Place lol. Before anyone takes this the wrong way, I don't mean that negatively but more so in the aspects of we have a mouth-watering rendering, speculation surrounding floors/height, and it too was to be a "transformative" project. For those who don't know Tryon Place was a office /hotel development that was to be built on what is now ACC (Ally Corp Center).  Renderings of the project were a fan fav on UP but the original plans were scrapped ( escapes me what happened). It was practically the same layout but totally different building concepts. In the end, we got the ACC and JW Marriot which worked out fine because the ACC and all of its retail and interactive spaces contribute tremendously to that intersection. 

photo credit: Axios Charlotte

Tryon Place I.jpg

I could be mistaken, bit I think Duke Energy was going to be the original tenant for what is now ACC. When they pulled out that completely changed the project.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Reverie39 said:

This has to be one of, if not the most valuable relatively undeveloped land in the urban core right? If something goes wrong with Queensbridge I have to think it will get replaced by another impressive high-rise at some point.

Personally, I would think so. This is untapped territory so to speak (for high rise that is) and seems that developers would be vying for the rights to this kind of visibility. Imagine your tower as the lone tower (or towers in this case) that bridges the gap between uptown and south end in the skyline. All that said, the area to my knowledge hasn't been considered for a project of this size up to this point. The next best thing is the 17-story tower planned further up Morehead. So disappointing that the Crown , just across the street, wasn't high-rise residential or mixed-use. 

• Like 2

What is the marginal cost increase for each additional floor on such a tall building? As height rises, is there an accelerated increase in cost as floors increase or is it simply a sum of all floors?

Building more space than they can realistically and occupy with certainty is also a factor. There is a point where building taller in ratio with other factors such as property values is actually more profitable than building lower.