Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

55 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think they are including for marketing reasons.  Look at how our tower is taller and since there is no building anywhere near this height in the area it is a comparison to show how dominating this project will be on the skyline outside the loop and for that matter the uptown skyline.  

Funny, I thought it had the opposite effect.  It looks further down the block and the perspective view makes it look as tall (or taller even) than their own buildings.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turbocraig said:

Funny, I thought it had the opposite effect.  It looks further down the block and the perspective view makes it look as tall (or taller even) than their own buildings.  

Exactly.  This is why that rendering piqued my interest because I only expected the Enterprise development to be around 30 stories, and the rendering APPEARS to show a much taller building.

• Like 1

Holy crap, 45 floors! Will this then be the second (or maybe even first) tallest residential building in the city? I think the Vue is its only competition right?
What are the odds that BOTH could top 600 feet? I guess I'll be happy if at least the office building does. Still pissed about the 597' Duke building lmao.
I can really get behind this new plan visually. In the previous plan it seemed like the office tower was going to stick out a little bit, separated from Uptown by the freeway and surrounded by high-rises only like 50-60% as tall. Now it has a partner and seems to belong a little more. Plus, really we sort of are getting a third tower anyway in the form of the Carson development across the street. These three towers will transform the Charlotte skyline forever. 
Can someone remind me if there are any plans for the lot bounded by Morehead, Lexington, South, and the Blue Line? Seems to be mostly parking lot right now on Google Earth. It is parallel to the Queensbridge and Carson sites and seems like a very natural place to put another major high-rise. I'm getting greedy now but this stuff is just too cool.

There are conflicting heights ranging from 597’-620’ still not sure which one is actually true and where the other ones are coming from…
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MarcoPolo said:

Apparently, the residential tower will be just about 480'.   The office is in flux.   Final floor height not settled.  Max appears to be just over 600', but most likely will fall between the 550' and 575' range.   Still a formidable duo.  

For you Raleigh enthusiasts,  these two buildings would become the tallest and 3rd tallest buildings if built in that City's downtown.   Yep...I went there :) 

I'm not certain, but once completed I believe Charlotte will be home to 9 of the 10 tallest  buildings in North and South Carolina.   Oops.... I did it again :) :) 

Those heights don't make sense on 42 stories of Apartment.... unless the 42 stories incorporates the 9 floors of parking.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Those heights don't make sense on 42 stories of Apartment.... unless the 42 stories incorporates the 9 floors of parking.

The apartment tower is supposed to be 45 stories. Office will be 42 stories (and taller height wise given that it's office obviously).  I doubt the apartment tower goes much higher than 500' if it all depending on the parking... The museum tower is 43 stories and 455' (I think)

Edited by HopHead
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverie39 said:

I think the best way to address the Raleigh vs. Charlotte "debate" is to not validate it. These cities are very closely tied and very similar, there's no reason to have any rivalry between them at all. This isn't like Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh on opposite ends of a state and with starkly different geography and culture, competing sports teams, etc. 

I agree that I think I see more posts complaining about Raleigh enthusiasts who put down Charlotte than actual Raleigh enthusiasts who put down Charlotte lol. 

I'm a Raleigh native and I love both cities. I frankly use Charlotte UP more because I think the city is so exciting. There isn't a rivalry and we don't need to act like there is, because acting like there is will cause anger and actually create a rivalry.

As someone from Raleigh, and currently living in Charlotte, I feel like there is an inordinate amount of disdain towards Charlotte from Raleigh development enthusiasts.  Whereas there isn't as much disdain from Charlotte enthusiasts towards Raleigh, but mostly a lack of awareness of what's going on there.  Either way though, I don't think the cities are all that comparable, whether it's economy, skyline, transit, etc.  They both grew differently through the last century and obviously have become immensely popular, but I think everyone can agree that there are things here in Charlotte that can improved on, and I'm sure those in Raleigh would agree that the same holds true there.

I'm on another forum that is focused on Raleigh development, and there are way too much many posters complaining about this, complaining about that, "but at least we're not Charlotte".  Like come on, I like Raleigh too but that sort of attitude really pushes me away...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1