Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Loopnet listing for 1111 South Tryon which is showing a 42 story office tower of 810,000 sq ft.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1111-S-Tryon-St-Charlotte-NC/25068743/

(I do think they mean garage parking spaces)

This listing suggests the search for an anchor is still on, and construction won't start until that anchor is landed, yes?  In fact, financing can't even be secured until there's a tenant commitment, right?  If a certain Minneapolis-based bank were really a lock on anchoring this project, would we be seeing this kind of listing?

Edited by RANYC
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

But if US Bank has committed to 100k or 200k sf, the developer would still need to advertise for the rest of the space.  Thus, I don’t think that this proves that there’s no tenant in place.

Has US Bank made such a commitment?  I thought that was hopeful speculation.  Also, isn’t the entirety of space 810k, meaning the space net of a US Bank commitment should be considerably less than the 810k advertised.  

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RANYC said:

Has US Bank made such a commitment?  I thought that was hopeful speculation.  Also, isn’t the entirety of space 810k, meaning the space net of a US Bank commitment should be considerably less than the 810k advertised.  

I read the ad as merely stating that the building contains 810k sf — not that 810k sf is available.  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, RANYC said:

These buildings will be nice to gawk at just as Legacy Union X and Duke Energy 2 will be, but in my opinion, Road dieting South blvd and Tryon as well as turning Camden road into an activated, pedestrian-only commons/public square would transform South End.  We may have different ideas of transformation, however.

Those sound like good ideas too.

• Like 1

These buildings will be nice to gawk at just as Legacy Union X and Duke Energy 2 will be, but in my opinion, Road dieting South blvd and Tryon as well as turning Camden road into an activated, pedestrian-only commons/public square would transform South End.  We may have different ideas of transformation, however.

These would be a different type of project. A public improvement project that would be just as exciting imo! I’m sure others here would likely agree. CDOT has been worrying about capacity and reducing traffic. Of which these would definitely not expand capacity and could increase traffic on those roads and or surrounding roads.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 5:32 PM, tarhoosier said:

I had a friend at this time ~1990 and his wife saw his credit card statement in the home desk and there was a line item for Ascot Inn and it had not been  her. 

Let this man's behavior be a lesson for you. Protect your invoices/receipts/statements.

We used to go there in the late 90's / early 2000's after we left raves. It was kinda fun because you couldn't tell which girls were rave-chicks and which girls were "working" girls.

54 minutes ago, lit said:

We used to go there in the late 90's / early 2000's after we left raves. It was kinda fun because you couldn't tell which girls were rave-chicks and which girls were "working" girls.

As crazy as this may sound, there is a very good chance you and I may have been there at the same time for this very same reason.   Many an after party after leaving Liquid Lounge, Mythos, 300 Stonewall/Crush.  Small world indeed.