Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

• 2 weeks later...

Last news article I remember from December quoted Riverside saying groundbreaking "early 2023."

Riverside's new Class A building in Denver broke ground in April last year purely on spec. 30 stories/710,000 sqft office/10,000 sqft of retail. So far all I've seen is one tenant sign on for the top floor at 31,000 sqft and that happened in November. I don't know what any of this means - could mean they are bullish on spec; could mean they are having trouble finding tenants - maybe both?

I do know that construction on 1900 Lawrence was delayed slightly with an original plan to deliver Q4 2023, and now is pushed back to 2024, most likely Q2 or Q3, and 1900 Lawrence isn't nearly as involved as the QB project. A lot goes into putting a project like this together and a delay of 1-3 months or longer is not uncommon by any means.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Unfortunate but not surprising. I imagine the fed raising interest rates along with inflation, staffing issues, and supply constraints is not helping matters. Here in Greenville we continue to have downtown projects get delayed from when they were originally supposed to start construction so Charlotte is definitely not alone. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JeanClt said:

Slightly confused by what you mean…are you considering switching the lanes so it’s instead this?

……………..College St.
………………..| ^ | ^ |
………………..| ^ | ^ |
__________| ^ | ^ |_____________

Morehead St.
__________,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,__________
………………..| <^ | ^ | v |
………………..| <^ | ^ | v |
………………..| <^ | ^ | v |
……………Morehead Sq. Dr.

Yes, exactly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeanClt said:

Slightly confused by what you mean…are you considering switching the lanes so it’s instead this?

……………..College St.
………………..| ^ | ^ |
………………..| ^ | ^ |
__________| ^ | ^ |_____________

Morehead St.
__________,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,__________
………………..| <^ | ^ | v |
………………..| <^ | ^ | v |
………………..| <^ | ^ | v |
……………Morehead Sq. Dr.

Also: UP UP and away for this project!! It’s a high rise residential tower and office building that are stunning compared to anything in the last decade or so! (DEP is pretty nice too, but I’m thinking this project will have better retail…not sure).

One of the best street planning configurations for clarifying a point using slashes and arrows that I’ve ever seen…well done 

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2