Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

On 2/24/2023 at 8:20 PM, KJHburg said:

was down at the US Bank branch opening some accounts today and was chatting it up with the ladies there.  One mentioned some corporate real estate people were in town recently and they said they did not like telling people the US Bank corporate staff operations here were in the Truist Tower.  I said I heard you were moving out of that tower.  Got a smile and we are expanding here LOL.   Meant to put this in the Bank Town thread but my subconscious told me to put it here for some reason.  

By the way their CD rates are much much higher than the Stagecoach bank, or the Fractional bank or the Bofa bank by the way.  Only good for the Charlotte MSA area to as they are building deposits.  

20230224_163314.jpg

20230224_163324.jpg

Guess it isn’t US Bank if the office portion is being delayed potentially up to years. 

If they are only building one tower for now, does anyone know if it’s the bigger one on the north side of the site closer to 277, or is it the shorter one on the south end of the site?

I was under the impression that the latter was the residential tower.

41109ecd5f68a3ac5cd5971ca67f462d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/4/2023 at 10:38 PM, SydneyCarton said:

If they are only building one tower for now, does anyone know if it’s the bigger one on the north side of the site closer to 277, or is it the shorter one on the south end of the site?

I was under the impression that the latter was the residential tower.

41109ecd5f68a3ac5cd5971ca67f462d.jpg

The residential building will be the one with all the balconies 😄

• Haha 2

So there’s not enough demand for the office tower or there is no tenant who would anchor the building and at an undetermined date, they will build 1 of the 3 buildings to start with and continue marketing the office tower in hopes they can try to find tenants. 

Is the 3rd residential property permanently canceled or could it come back eventually? 

• Like 2

All the apartment units are in 1 building instead of 2 that was decided a while back.  This is not saying the office tower is delayed or is not starting along with the rest of it.  There are tenants in the market now that could anchor it. 

This is the current configuration a 2 tower project.

Queensbridge Collective Luxury Mixed-Use Development in Charlotte

originally it was proposed when first announced as 3 towers

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Banking is built on trust…as long as the trust is kept. It should be fine, but whenever there’s a spark of crisis, people seemingly lose their minds and common sense. Along with ignorance, the world burns. Hopefully nothing else comes of these bank collapses.

500,000?! … I was thinking along the lines 200,000-250,000 maybe 300,000.

I just can’t imagine the office portion gets built anytime soon with a looming years long  recession. Add in the current office climate of remote work, things could get dire in the office market in Charlotte for several years.

Uptown Vacancies on the Rise

“Nearly 2.5 million square feet of buildings are deserted and almost 5 million square feet are at risk of going vacant.”  And I don’t see any company making major/large moves in securing new office space, meaning even if Queensbridge had interest from an anchor tenant at one point, I’d imagine that well dried up pretty quick. 

With each cycle Charlotte has seen major projects get announced right before a downturn either to never materialize or be drastically reduced in scope - that was my fear when a nearly $1 billion, 3 tower development was announced. Which was altered to two buildings not long after. Now I think we’re down to one. 

Four First Union - cancelled 2001, Trump Towers - cancelled 2008, Queensbridge ?

Edited by queensguy06
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That seems to be for older buildings. In NY, there’s a very strong demand for new construction. They call it the “flight to quality.” I suspect that the same is true in Charlotte, especially since the QC, like NY, has financial tenants that have deep pockets.

I think that buildings in office parks are in peril, but they can be razed and turned into housing.

• Like 4