Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

KH, I'm with you.  A couple of months back, there was an argument about Nashville/ Charlotte skyline.(which is better) Someone who seemed to have knowledge, hinted that it was was a done deal that a certain Bank would be building a 600+ Tower. I'm thinking they were referring to WF!  From what I have read, we haven't seen nothing yet.  Which raises the question Who's building?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Must be an accounting firm then

Everyone has already moved or has too small of an office presence  to warrant anchoring a tower (PwC - 2 Floors in Hearst/Truist. EY - 2 Floors in BOACC + Railyard tech center. Deloitte - New tower. KPMG - Just moved to BOAT?. GT - Just moved to lending tree building, DHG - South Park).

This coupled with all of them wanting to shrink their real estate footprint makes me think we will not see another one of their names on a tower anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

Better.com?:tw_lol:

Better.com is going in an existing building Uptown that has emptied out and won't be a major anchor. They need minimal square footage as most employees in Charlotte are staying as permanent work from home. Will largely be a gathering place for sales team meetings, training, et.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, JBS said:

Respectfully, I suspect you are in the minority on your request. I'd rather have a lot of smaller quality towers than one huge tower and I'm guessing most people feel similarly. 

Yes, much rather have smaller to fill in surface lots and other auto-oriented gaps throughout center city, as long as those smaller structures are streetscape-activating and pedestrian-accessible.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here you go Riverside announces:

Riverside Investment & Development enters Charlotte market with major mixed-use project - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

""Riverside Investment & Development will close in December on 1111 S. Tryon St. The site includes multiple parcels, including those that house Midnight Diner and Uptown Cabaret. Construction on a multi-tower, mixed-use project will begin within a year after closing, said Tony Scacco, Riverside’s chief operating officer.   The three towers will include a mix of office space, residential, retail and potentially a hotel. The project’s total construction costs are expected to reach at least $750 million. ""

""There will be a minimum of one residential tower with 350 units, but it could expand to two residential towers, which Scacco said is likely, with over 650 units. The unnamed project will have a minimum of 800,000 square feet of office, plus outdoor open spaces and public art installations.  “Our goal for this project is a world-class mixed-use development, setting new qualitative standards for each asset,” Scacco said.""

“When we sought the feedback and input of some of our national tenant clients that have a presence in Charlotte, we very quickly came to the conclusion that this site at the nexus of South End growth but uptown financial services, legal and other kinds of sophisticated groups of clientele really was the best opportunity that we had seen,” Scacco said. ""

One of their national clients is Bank of America just saying they anchor 110 Wacker  in Chi-town

Portfolio — Riverside Investment & Development (riversideid.com)

Nice renderings.  Cool looking spaces for pedestrians. 

Can someone remind me though why this will be more certain than, say, Centre South or 110 East?  I mean, 110 East is just office, so this is quite different in that sense.  

For some reason, in this commercial real estate market, I was sort of expecting an announcment of 800k+ square feet of new office space to also come with the mention of an anchor tenant and job count.

Glad to see more dense residential, however, and also happy to see yet another deep-pocketed development firm have enough confidence in Charlotte's appeal to acquire property here and propose development.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 4