Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

7 hours ago, kayman said:

Do you even know what you're talking about? I look at demographic and GIS/mapping data daily for my profession. 

The Charlotte urbanized area is in Catawba County which is the same county as Hickory.  Urbanized areas are the basis of metropolitan statistical area definitions.  The US Census looks at urbanization, traffic analysis zones (TAZs), labor statistics, and trip origins and destinations when classify MSAs and CSAs.  For your information, go look at CensusReporter.org look at the distance between the Hickory urbanized area is less than 15 miles distance between the Charlotte urbanized area.  The 2020 CSA designation from the OMB will likely encompass both places (Charlotte and Hickory).  

Your whole response is strange and very ill-informed at best. 

I spent a lot of time growing up in Iron Station in Lincoln County with my grandmother, I owned a small business in Boger City, I was jealous of East Lincoln High School growing up, my first and only home I had a mortgage on was in Lincolnton, I’ve had 2 addresses in Lincolnton, my ex in 2020 lived in Lincolnton near maiden so I visited often, Hickory was more convenient than Gastonia, I attended some classes at Gaston College Lincolnton campus.

The list goes on with my history of Lincoln county. Which my history is pointless. I know you have professional experience and whatever. But the reality is,  it’s sparse between the hickory area and Charlotte. 321, 16, 73 and 150 are hardly the most developed areas. Honestly, The Triad feels more connected to Charlotte than the Unifour. 

Edit: sorry for off topic. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I spent a lot of time growing up in Iron Station in Lincoln County with my grandmother, I owned a small business in Boger City, I was jealous of East Lincoln High School growing up, my first and only home I had a mortgage on was in Lincolnton, I’ve had 2 addresses in Lincolnton, my ex in 2020 lived in Lincolnton near maiden so I visited often, Hickory was more convenient than Gastonia, I attended some classes at Gaston College Lincolnton campus.

The list goes on with my history of Lincoln county. Which my history is pointless. I know you have professional experience and whatever. But the reality is,  it’s sparse between the hickory area and Charlotte. 321, 16, 73 and 150 are hardly the most developed areas. Honestly, The Triad feels more connected to Charlotte than the Unifour. 

Well it was good to read your history with the area and it's good stuff. 

Antedotally, I do know several individuals whose jobs are located in Charlotte yet their daily commuters are from Newton, Conover, and Denver respectively.  Those same individuals are all under 40 and recent homeowners who purchased in their newly constructed subdivisions in Catawba and Lincoln counties.

The most recent data O-D (trip origins and destinations) data in the regional travel demand model shows there are a lot of trips generated between Mecklenburg County from/to Catawba County, particularly the eastern half these days.

However, the United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Census Bureau looks at data based on a formula methodology. That methodology is aforementioned in my previous post.  So you'll have to take that "Charlotte feeling more connected to the Triad than the Unifour" argument up with them. 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:52 PM, tozmervo said:

I am curious to see what CDOT might try to do if the College connector goes away. Is there an opportunity to re-align Morehead Square and turn it back into College street with a 4-way intersection at Morehead? 

Per the info on Riverside's website, "Morehead Sq. will be realigned to maintain a northbound vehicular flow on College north of Morehead."  Should be interesting with the highway ramp so close. 

Edited by DownEast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DownEast said:

Per the info on Riverside's website, "Morehead Sq. will be realigned to maintain a northbound vehicular flow on College north of Morehead."  Should be interesting with the highway ramp so close. 

I have long wished that the gap left between the townhouses facing Morehead, at the top of College and bottom of Morehead Square, was planned or mandated to actually be transformed into a connector... It would allow College to flow uninterrupted down to Bland. (I'm obsessed with increasing street connections throughout the city.)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheRealClayton said:

The residential tower is correct, but they are missing one, which will be 31 floors, the office tower is not. Right now target is 1,000,000 square feet, between 40-44 floors.

Holy cow, that's BIG. They weren't kidding when they said the new tallest in South End.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheRealClayton said:

The residential tower is correct, but they are missing one, which will be 31 floors, the office tower is not. Right now target is 1,000,000 square feet, between 40-44 floors.

And is the general consensus that the office tower is not a spec project? 

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

There is a huge flight to quality in office space these days.  What that means companies are moving into newer office space with lots of amenities.   They view it as a way to entice the office workers back to the office and recruit new ones.   Would not count Bank of America out as they have lots of leases around town some of which are undoubtedly coming up in the near future.  Many on this board discounted and flat out said it would never happen that Bank of America would move so far on South Tryon.  But they did and moved out of 101 Independence Center and the then named BofA Plaza at the square.   Wells is a long shot and the reason I say that is they are getting plenty of prime space in their building the Duke Energy Plaza once Duke moves out to their new building.  Ally has it top execs already in a brand new building with the Ally Bank Center and room to grow there.  But I can think of 2 companies that could be coming to the QC that could anchor this office tower from opposite sides of the country.    Ye of little faith I firmly believe this building has an anchor that Riverside is talking to strongly right now  Probably need 400-500K lease to jump start it but I think it will happen.  

Does make me wonder what is going to happen with buildings like Gateway, TransAmerica, and Odell. All could use some renovation

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Just noticed on Friday Night that Southend could use an upgrade to the Street Lighting in the area.  Very dark in a lot of areas…

This is a problem in most of the city IMO, especially on the highways. And I won’t even get started on the 10 different street light designs in Uptown alone. 

• Like 3