Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I am sure they have at least one if not a couple of tenants in mind.  They would not come down to Charlotte from Chicago unless they did.  Bank of America is one of their tenants in Chicago not saying they would anchor but they mentioned national clients.  

So I’m trying to parse these posts from the last couple days, and am a little confused by the “is’s vs. what if’s”.  Is this connected to the pending (?) announcement of some major west coast HQ relo that some have alluded to that’s coming any day now?  Or is that a separate thing?  The way the article reads, they haven’t locked in any layout for the towers (dependent on client demand) and say that architectural work is in the early stages, but then say that construction will begin within a year.  Trying to make these puzzle pieces fit.  Is there any new news in this announcement that we hadn’t heard from the rumor drips posted here over the past couple months or just an official confirmation of what we’ve been hearing about?  I’m thrilled to read this, but am puzzled at the same time. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

So I’m trying to parse these posts from the last couple days, and am a little confused by the “is’s vs. what if’s”.  Is this connected to the pending (?) announcement of some major west coast HQ relo that some have alluded to that’s coming any day now?  Or is that a separate thing?  The way the article reads, they haven’t locked in any layout for the towers (dependent on client demand) and say that architectural work is in the early stages, but then say that construction will begin within a year.  Trying to make these puzzle pieces fit.  Is there any new news in this announcement that we hadn’t heard from the rumor drips posted here over the past couple months or just an official confirmation of what we’ve been hearing about?  I’m thrilled to read this, but am puzzled at the same time. 

the who of the major office tenant is the questions.  Could be a relo from the west coast or one from the northeast or some one local company expanding.  that is still the question.  Not sure when that would be answered but this office tower of 800K plus sq ft will not be a speculative tower by no means. 

• Like 4

So, will this be the project that causes a whole bunch more projects to be announced. Will the flood gates open now. 

1 minute ago, tarhoosier said:

Carson Station gonna be super busy if this happens. My experience is that Carson is one of the least used of the original Blue Line stations.

Especially if the Enterprise lot gets its own very large tower right next door. 

• Like 3

• 528 posts
  •  
  36 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Carson Station gonna be super busy if this happens. My experience is that Carson is one of the least used of the original Blue Line stations.

Also, Parking: if they can pull this of without obvious podium parking then Stiles should go back to the CAD for a redesign of East/West station project.

yes, Stiles was supposed to have started this summer, so clearly delayed.  "Stiles, put this delay to good use by going back to the drawing board and designing and configuring a context-sensitive office development, as opposed to a concrete stack for carbon emitters."

RANYC, have you a source for this quote?

18 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:
  • 528 posts

•  

Also, Parking: if they can pull this of without obvious podium parking then Stiles should go back to the CAD for a redesign of East/West station project.

yes, Stiles was supposed to have started this summer, so clearly delayed.  "Stiles, put this delay to good use by going back to the drawing board and designing and configuring a context-sensitive office development, as opposed to a concrete stack for carbon emitters."

That's me politely asking Stiles to reconsider their design with time allotted by the construction delay they're currently experiencing.

18 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:
  • 528 posts

•  

Edited by RANYC

7 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Stiles was going some initial work on the Honey Tulipo site, and then it stopped. I am pretty sure they even put up a design wall. Not sure what the issue is with them. 

There is still some low-key site prep stuff happening (I last saw some activity 2? Weeks ago)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Dominick confirmed to the Charlotte Business Journal that the Midnight Diner will relocate “nearby” — though he declined to share specifics about the location at this time.""

That's *all* I want to know, that the Midnight Diner will live on.  Nothing else matters.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3