Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites, 13 stories 259 rooms

nicholas

10 hours ago, nicholas said:

Appears that this project is finally underway, and I think is big enough for its own thread.  Dual-branded Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites at the corner of McDowell and Davie St.  I believe this is the current rendering, good to finally see another hotel in downtown Raleigh.

462109286_hiltongardenindtraleigh.jpeg.50dddd97a89d7e4800713fd0d39b068a.jpeg

Drive by from yesterday (sorry for all the glare):

IMG_5023.thumb.JPG.35e99f9e1f1715d3594a478a58d7e07c.JPG

IMG_5025.thumb.JPG.e9fc939213f7ae98b9d0a9a8723599f6.JPG

CN Hotels, the developer lists the hotels as 'under construction' on their site here: https://www.cnhotels.net/hotels

Not sure if that was a recent update or they just forgot to update the site, however. It's going to look weird being shadowed by huge towers if the other two sites on this block go over 20 stories. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carolina1792 said:

CN Hotels, the developer lists the hotels as 'under construction' on their site here: https://www.cnhotels.net/hotels

Not sure if that was a recent update or they just forgot to update the site, however. It's going to look weird being shadowed by huge towers if the other two sites on this block go over 20 stories. 

I can deal with weird, as long as there is mixed use development that brings much needed ground floor retail to that area.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, carolina1792 said:

I mean, I think everything looks weird shadowed by huge buildings 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally went in the Wake County office/court building last week for the first time. I didn't realize that it is essentially two buildings smooshed together. The section adjacent to McDowell (seen in the foreground above) is only a few stories and has its own elevator core.  I joked with the help desk about the building's elevators not going to the top floor like some people I know, and he responded that they do ... for this section. haha. @nicholas' photo shows the two sections well.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:24 AM, dmccall said:

I finally went in the Wake County office/court building last week for the first time. I didn't realize that it is essentially two buildings smooshed together. The section adjacent to McDowell (seen in the foreground above) is only a few stories and has its own elevator core.  I joked with the help desk about the building's elevators not going to the top floor like some people I know, and he responded that they do ... for this section. haha. @nicholas' photo shows the two sections well.

Yes. One of the two buildings (the old Art Deco one) was constructed as the Durham LIfe Insurance Building....see http://goodnightraleigh.com/2012/05/insurance-building-raleigh-n-c/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, carolina1792 said:

Five. The Acorn Apartments crane was just assembled yesterday on Davie Street and Wilmington.

400H

Seaboard

Hilton Hotel

The Platform (just south of the RUS)

The Acorn Apartments

At this point i've noted a total of 10 cranes erected around Raleigh currently.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...