1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Tony has submitted the Final Site Plan to Metro for the YMCA and 1010 Church. More diagrams here: https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=783889

Looks like well have LED lighting accents on the south facing side of the building as well as on the crown. 

I never learned the most basic questions surrounding metro approval… so does this put the tower on the clock? If so, then how long does this have before construction must start?

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The project is working their way through the various approvals that are necessary, one of which is aerial/ROW encroachment and dedication. I am really bummed out that there is not interaction of the development with Platform Way. The gap between the elevated roadway and building will range between 20" and 23" (view #1 below).

image.thumb.png.058c9b68a8c7fe666dc5130ea35ee2df.png

To me this is a very big flaw from an urban perspective.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I'm guessing there will be no pool during that time, as the current one is at the rear of the "new" addition, right in the footprint of Giarratana's tower.  I used to use that pool back when I traveled more often to Nashville and had to stay overnight.  Always thought it was very nice and had a lot of lanes (I think 8, plus a shallow exercise area).  I liked the view out the back of Midtown (must be blocked now by Amazon towers). Unfortunately, I noticed on the plans for the new Y building that the pool will only have 6 lanes with no extra exercise space (unless I missed another part of the plan).  I think that's a huge mistake, given how crowded the current pool can get at peak times. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, MLBrumby said:

I'm guessing there will be no pool during that time, as the current one is at the rear of the "new" addition, right in the footprint of Giarratana's tower.  I used to use that pool back when I traveled more often to Nashville and had to stay overnight.  Always thought it was very nice and had a lot of lanes (I think 8, plus a shallow exercise area).  I liked the view out the back of Midtown (must be blocked now by Amazon towers). Unfortunately, I noticed on the plans for the new Y building that the pool will only have 6 lanes with no extra exercise space (unless I missed another part of the plan).  I think that's a huge mistake, given how crowded the current pool can get at peak times. 

I believe you are correct Brumby, in that there will be no swimming pool at the Y component to stay while the replacement component is built. In essence, the Y will be without a pool for a few years.

On a general note, I've always enjoyed our downtown Y (used to be a member). It has a rather "big city feel" to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TNMichigander said:

I gotta say: I love that he's putting such a large tower there, but...it's quite plain, and I wish that the design was something more engaging. This just looks like a bigger 505.

I'll take whatever we can get, though!

It's supposed to have the siding similar to One22One…so that may look really cool at 750'

• Like 4