1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

I hope the relative heights in the video approximate the real as much as possible so the YMCA won’t stand out so much over those around it like that tower in OKC. I do like the design of that tower but it just looks so strange there… I believe it’s over 800’ and the land there is so flat. Anyway, I like the design of this YMCA tower. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Plasticman said:

Lots of great pics and videos.   A lot of hype but what are the odds this is going to happen?  I remember another even taller one that was also hyped and then canceled.  It would be nice to see your city finally go big.

I think this one is more likely than 1000’ Signature Tower.  Since this is tied to the YMCA and it’s next to Amazon HQ and Nashville Yards, it is pretty much a sure bet.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

The process for this project has already started. The renovation for the YMCA has started. The demo work for will start in December for the YMCA & construction will start on the project in January and this comes from the horse's mouth!

This has been sort of public for a while.

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Metro Planning Commission has approved  the bonus height for the 750' tower by a 7-0 vote. A January, 2023 start date is planned.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-building-at-west-end-elliston-split-to-be-razed-for-project/article_b8177f60-3dc4-11ed-be92-ff1d3bc65c1e.html

Phenomenal. The wheels of progress towards shovels in the ground keep moving fast with this one. 

Nashville's gonna get a new tallest!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Metro Planning Commission has approved  the bonus height for the 750' tower by a 7-0 vote. A January, 2023 start date is planned.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-building-at-west-end-elliston-split-to-be-razed-for-project/article_b8177f60-3dc4-11ed-be92-ff1d3bc65c1e.html

Happy Clapping GIF

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1