1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

1 hour ago, Plasticman said:

I’m assuming they’ve already secured financing?

I don't know and I think that's still speculated about by everyone outside the NY developers. The question lately on this board has been if they'll continue building above the garage, or pause.  I understand they have a LOA from Amazon to have first dibs on a large portion of the space.  Given that Amazon is just now finishing up their second building, it's a good bet Amazon will need more space sooner than later.  I'm not a construction engineer by any stretch, but it just doesn't seem to be an efficient use of resources to bring in the cranes, the workers, and the ancillary support for just one phase and then put everything on pause.  Of course, I've read about cities that were in booms when a recession hit.  Dallas had empty office buildings all over the city in the late 1980s.  I think it wasn't until the mid-90s when they absorbed the buildings they'd built in the previous two decades. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I don't know and I think that's still speculated about by everyone outside the NY developers. The question lately on this board has been if they'll continue building above the garage, or pause.  I understand they have a LOA from Amazon to have first dibs on a large portion of the space.  Given that Amazon is just now finishing up their second building, it's a good bet Amazon will need more space sooner than later.  I'm not a construction engineer by any stretch, but it just doesn't seem to be an efficient use of resources to bring in the cranes, the workers, and the ancillary support for just one phase and then put everything on pause.  Of course, I've read about cities that were in booms when a recession hit.  Dallas had empty office buildings all over the city in the late 1980s.  I think it wasn't until the mid-90s when they absorbed the buildings they'd built in the previous two decades. 

Believe you are thinking of NashvilleYards Office Tower. This is Tony G's Condo highrise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I travelled to Nashville for business and stayed at the Courtyard in midtown, I used to enjoy going to that pool to swim laps. I recall the big picture windows that overlooked midtown and I rarely had to wait for a lane to open. There's also a rooftop pool but I only went there a couple of times. I don't recall that it's a full length pool for laps. It appears the plans for the replacement facility that the new pool will not have as many lanes. I'd be surprised if they put another pool on the roof, especially with so many residential buildings now having them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 9:13 AM, markhollin said:

A permit for the demolition of the YMCA structure housing the indoor swimming pool and running along the Church Street viaduct is planned. Phase two will include the razing of the Y structure that sits at the corner of 10th Avenue North and Church. Environmental Abatement Inc. is handling the demo work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-progress-made-on-planned-three-tower-project/article_37ae8800-4990-11ed-8994-6beb2b4af6a0.html

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 8.10.03 AM.png

Will this demolition occur before the January ground breaking - possibly before this year is up?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Foundation permits issued for 1000 Church & 1010 Church. These are not applied for----- these have been ISSUED!

YMCA 1000 CHURCH ST $459,628.00 Foundation Permit Only

Permit #2022041077

Permit Type DescriptionBuilding Commercial - Foundation

Permit Subtype DescriptionCommunity Education, Gymnasiums

Parcel09305015700

Date Entered06/21/2022

Date Issued10/31/2022

Construction Cost$459,628.00

Address1000 CHURCH ST

CityNASHVILLE

StateTN

ZIP37203

Subdivision / LotLOTS 1 THRU 16 NASHVILLE FEMALE ACADAEMY & CLOSED ALLEY

ContactHUNT CONSTRUCTION GROUP INC

Permit TypeCACF

Permit SubtypeCAC03A311

IVR Tracking #4171596

PurposeFoundation Permit Only. DTC Construction. Issued at owners risk and pursuant only to Metro Building Code Section 16.28.250 Poc: Andrew Fox 312 663 1692

TONY TOWER 1010 CHURCH ST $5,945,973.00 Foundation Permit Only

Permit #2022041072

Permit Type DescriptionBuilding Commercial - Foundation

Permit Subtype DescriptionMultifamily, Condominium > 5 Unit Bldg

Parcel09305015700

Date Entered06/21/2022

Date Issued10/31/2022

Construction Cost$5,945,973.00

Address1010 CHURCH ST

CityNASHVILLE

StateTN

ZIP37203

Subdivision / LotLOTS 1 THRU 16 NASHVILLE FEMALE ACADAEMY & CLOSED ALLEY

ContactHUNT CONSTRUCTION GROUP INC

Permit TypeCACF

Permit SubtypeCAA03R299

IVR Tracking #4171590

PurposeFoundation Permit Only For 1010 Church. DTC Construction. Issued at owners risk and pursuant only to Metro Building Code Section 16.28.250 Poc: Al Ochsner 312 663 1790

WOW!

Now this is absolute new development speed, and how things should swiftly progress.

So excited to see this skyscraper break ground. I would imagine demolition could take 6-8 months or so, so we might be looking at foundational new construction by late summer of 2023 or so?

Then probably looking at a topped-out structure by mid to late 2024 or so. 

Exciting!!

• Like 3