1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

I will put a caveat in on Las Vegas as their tallest occupied is at 735', but their tallest structure is the Stratosphere, which I will always count as their tallest building, and we would too if it were here.

[Note A] The Strat Ground-level view of a tall, concrete tower. The tower curves inward about 30 stories up, but then projects outward. Its uppermost section consists of a rounded, black glass platform and a large, thin spire. 1,149 (350) 112 1996 17px-WMA_button2b.png36°8′50.59″N 115°9′19.40″W Tallest observation tower in the United States, second-tallest in the Western Hemisphere after the CN Tower in Toronto; second-tallest free-standing structure in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River, after the Kennecott Smokestack in Utah; has been the tallest structure in Las Vegas since 1996.[2][3][12] Originally known as the Stratosphere, until 2020.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I will put a caveat in on Las Vegas as their tallest occupied is at 735', but their tallest structure is the Stratosphere, which I will always count as their tallest building, and we would too if it were here.

[Note A] The Strat Ground-level view of a tall, concrete tower. The tower curves inward about 30 stories up, but then projects outward. Its uppermost section consists of a rounded, black glass platform and a large, thin spire. 1,149 (350) 112 1996 17px-WMA_button2b.png36°8′50.59″N 115°9′19.40″W Tallest observation tower in the United States, second-tallest in the Western Hemisphere after the CN Tower in Toronto; second-tallest free-standing structure in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River, after the Kennecott Smokestack in Utah; has been the tallest structure in Las Vegas since 1996.[2][3][12] Originally known as the Stratosphere, until 2020.

I was thinking about this as well considering the tie with San Antonio would be with their Tower of the Americas, so if we're counting that one, we should count the one in Las Vegas as well for consistency.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

With you on that, the East Bank would also be a good place for a Nashville Eye Ferris Wheel !! 

Ferris Wheels are old hat.  I think a PolarCoaster would be more popular if they are still being proposed to be built somewhere.  Did Florida ever get one built?

image.jpeg

• Like 3

I was going to mention one of those, but didn’t know if they still are producing them. Definitely would be cool, I looked at their website once and believe you could have one with a observation deck at the top.

I took a Better look at your post, and noticed the observation level in your picture . 

• 3 weeks later...