Jump to content

1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million


markhollin

Recommended Posts


13 hours ago, FluffyP13 said:

It blows my mind that for a city it’s size Nashville doesn’t have any of the sleek high end big box gyms like equinox. Funny that the YMCA dominates the market. This will only push that further!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any of those big box gyms are thinking of coming here, now might be a good time to try. Despite all the assurances that the existing Y will operate as usual during this construction project, I think many will find it fairly inconvenient. I'm thinking that the existing showers, & locker rooms will be lost, for a time, and whatever temporary measures they make will displease the regulars. The Y does have the market cornered, so if I was tempted to give them some competition, I would try before this gets built. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FluffyP13 said:

It blows my mind that for a city it’s size Nashville doesn’t have any of the sleek high end big box gyms like equinox. Funny that the YMCA dominates the market. This will only push that further!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are a lot of boutique hip funky gyms in The Gulch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

If any of those big box gyms are thinking of coming here, now might be a good time to try. Despite all the assurances that the existing Y will operate as usual during this construction project, I think many will find it fairly inconvenient. I'm thinking that the existing showers, & locker rooms will be lost, for a time, and whatever temporary measures they make will displease the regulars. The Y does have the market cornered, so if I was tempted to give them some competition, I would try before this gets built. 

Agreed. I know these types of gyms take up space, but it blows my mind that there isn't a Planet Fitness, LA Fitness, etc., anywhere near the core. The Y is great, but some people want something that's open 24 hours and a little lower cost. I just need the equipment — not the programming.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Agreed. I know these types of gyms take up space, but it blows my mind that there isn't a Planet Fitness, LA Fitness, etc., anywhere near the core. The Y is great, but some people want something that's open 24 hours and a little lower cost. I just need the equipment — not the programming.

They are low cost with low overhead. The rents in the core would be sort of high I think, but I did see a PF in the Wall Street area of NYC.

I think PF was going to go in the location where QNTM Fit Life is, the old World gym site, but the rent was too steep.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million
On 10/14/2021 at 4:15 PM, PillowTalk4 said:

Not bothered by the conversation, it's quite informative.  However, every post that isn't about the construction of the 60 story tower is proving why I hate the timeline of this project....  :tw_grimace: 

I'll be 60 next year, a ground breaking  of Nashville's first 60 story building would be a great symbolic birthday present Tony... :tw_glasses:

I’ll be 60 in 2059 and who even knows what Nashville will look like at that point haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

I’ll be 60 in 2059 and who even knows what Nashville will look like at that point haha

I'll be 77!  Tell ya what... I'll give you a ride to the top floor of 1010 Church in my Hoverround Scooter, if you buy the soup!  :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.