1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

8 hours ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

Maybe Smeagolsfree can work on that for you and @smeagolsfreeif you need help, let me know

Man I have just given up. Its just too time consuming for me to get the renderings and play with all of that. Its best for someone that really knows what they are doing. I keep so bust with other stuff I just don’t have the time.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, rolly said:

This will be a fantastic building and I doubt any city council people will be opposed to it considering it’s part of the YMCA

However it is on a lower part of the city elevation so keep that in mind as it’s constructed, it may not look as tall as the Batman building even though it is

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

This will be a fantastic building and I doubt any city council people will be opposed to it considering it’s part of the YMCA

However it is on a lower part of the city elevation so keep that in mind as it’s constructed, it may not look as tall as the Batman building even though it is

Top of the spire at batman is ~617', this building is proposed to be ~750'. Could you be confusing this one with Amazon 3? If you're talking about Amazon 3 that makes sense. 

• Like 4

Nashville is overdue for a skyscraper over 700 feet. 

If the city didn't have to deal with the FAA height restrictions, I'm confident the city would already have a couple of skyscrapers going up in the 700-1000 foot range. 

I hope the city can build a super tall someday--if the height restriction thing is lifted. 

Until then though, I think if Nashville can get 2 or 3 more skyscrapers built in the 600-750 foot range, the skyline will easily be top 15 in the US by then.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Nashville is overdue for a skyscraper over 700 feet. 

If the city didn't have to deal with the FAA height restrictions, I'm confident the city would already have a couple of skyscrapers going up in the 700-1000 foot range. 

I hope the city can build a super tall someday--if the height restriction thing is lifted. 

Until then though, I think if Nashville can get 2 or 3 more skyscrapers built in the 600-750 foot range, the skyline will easily be top 15 in the US by then.

How far is the FAA height restrictions? Does the restriction reach out to midtown and West End?

30 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I delved a bit deeper into it here.

Comment on another thread about the FAA restrictions.

Paul, thanks again for that info. After reading into this , it seems the FAA doesn’t really have a restriction on building height, but more so guidelines. They look at proposals on a case by case scenario and give their opinions. I started to wonder about how a place like NYC does with its super talls and having 3 major airports ( 4 if you count in White Plains) to contend with. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Paul, thanks again for that info. After reading into this , it seems the FAA doesn’t really have a restriction on building height, but more so guidelines. They look at proposals on a case by case scenario and give their opinions. I started to wonder about how a place like NYC does with its super talls and having 3 major airports ( 4 if you count in White Plains) to contend with. 

So what would a proposal have to do to make it over 750? What I mean is what would make them deny it and what would make them not deny it? Would a smaller tower footprint after it passes 750ft be advantageous? Or a lit/bright crown for better visibility? Maybe even the angle the building is at? And if developers wanted to build over 750ft, could they have the FAA tell them what to change to make it work? I get this might be something only FAA people could answer as it depends on so many things we wouldn’t even think of but just thought I’d go ahead and ask and see if anyone comes up with anything!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

There is NO FAA limit on height in the CBD. IIRC the second Signature tower proposal was over 900'. 

Hmm, really? I guess what I read was wrong then. Thought I'd read a few things on this forum and others that the height restriction by the FAA was the reason skyscraper proposals only went up to 750 feet in Nashville.

But hey, if there is not a cap, then why the heck hasn't Nashville built a super tall yet? LMAO They should! :)

Lots of great questions @UrbanWes03. I ask the same. Above is Signature tower , one of Tony G’s best proposals . It originally was to be 1030 feet. It was as stated approved and ready to go. I really honestly don’t know why it hasn’t been brought back in this great building time here . But it tells me that it’s possible for a taller tower to be built, whatever has to be none to get there.

• Like 1