1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Construction cost are rising now along with interest rates too. This may have an effect on a number of projects as far as sooner rather than later .

This is what I read late yesterday, too. I'm hoping not, but I think 2022 could be a pivotal year for economic conditions in the US. Hoping a lot of projects get started that are waiting to, in terms of these skyscrapers, sooner rather than later, to beat out a slow down with the economy, potentially.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

This is what I read late yesterday, too. I'm hoping not, but I think 2022 could be a pivotal year for economic conditions in the US. Hoping a lot of projects get started that are waiting to, in terms of these skyscrapers, sooner rather than later, to beat out a slow down with the economy, potentially.

Yeah but I don't think they are racing against a slow-down, but rather trying to get a head of commodity/fuel inflation and rising interest rates.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Armacing said:

Yeah but I don't think they are racing against a slow-down, but rather trying to get a head of commodity/fuel inflation and rising interest rates.

These are likely the same conditions that started popping up right before he was about to start construction on Signature Tower , back in 2007-2008. He’s probably thinking..Not again! I’m getting that tall boy built!

• Like 1

Keep in mind when that Signature Tower was being proposed Nashville wasn’t on fire and an “it” city like now.   Big projects trickled in once every five years.  Now there’s literally dozens of projects being built at any one time.  Recession or not I can’t see Nashville slowing that much.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Plasticman said:

Keep in mind when that Signature Tower was being proposed Nashville wasn’t on fire and an “it” city like now.   Big projects trickled in once every five years.  Now there’s literally dozens of projects being built at any one time.  Recession or not I can’t see Nashville slowing that much.  

Sort of with CoVId, maybe. A small slowdown but not an absolute stop on projects. Nashville just has too much momentum going for it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Plasticman said:

Plus the recession that killed Siggy was caused by a real estate bubble popping, not inflation or fuel prices. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Plasticman said:

These are great points! Nashville has moved from a "music city" destination with insurance and healthcare industries back then in 07/08, to a red hot, booming economic powerhouse today in 2022, that is easily in a small handful of "IT" cities right now.

I would bet this skyscraper gets built. Especially with Amazon right next door, and all of the tech/digital/corporate relocations to Nashville in general right now.

3 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Plus the recession that killed Siggy was caused by a real estate bubble popping, not inflation or fuel prices. 

Right! As long as the red hot demand is there for residential in downtown Nashville, I think this gets built.

With Giarratana's successful track record of skyscraper construction recently, this would be his crowning achievement, and I bet his team is determined to make this one happen.

Edited by jjbradleyBrooklyn
  • Like 2

I agree with everyone here. For the past year the nation's economy has been going downhill. And it looks like the decline is accelerating even more than it did in '21. This is in stark contrast to the way things were in '19 and even '20. Hopefully Nashville's developments won't decline because of the current economy.

Edited by Licec
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just those you mentioned will change the skyline!! And there’s more!! We are definitely moving on up.

Tishman has Nashville project listed on their website as First and KVB. Unfortunately no renderings or info yet. But positive none the less

Edited by Luvemtall
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that developers in places like DC and NY are locking in building material prices for their projects to curb the impact of rising supply cost.  Is it possible that Tony could be doing the same since he will have multiple projects under construction when this one starts?  There is a risk of incurring a penalty on a supply contract that is unfilled, but apparently some developers are willing to take the risk to minimize cost increases due to rising supply costs.

I know how this works from a supply chain management perspective in manufacturing .  When I worked with a large telecommunications company we had commodity managers that forecasted supply needs and then contract managers negotiated supply contracts to fulfill needs for multiple years to ward off cost increases and reduce cost to manufacture our  products.  Maybe someone with more insight into construction supply chain management can shed more info on how this works.