1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Trust me it is getting closer!

I have a feeling this one has a very, very strong chance of being built.

Good timing to capitalize on the hot,  in-demand downtown residential in Nashville right now. Right there across from Nashville Yards is one of the best addresses. 

If this one is built, my next question is when will Nashville get a developer and project that goes higher? I'd say only a matter of time....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Is it due to the 750 foot max downtown FAA thing with Nashville? I know this has been discussed on / off ad nauseum LOL...but it's a curious topic in general.

If we get that 750, I for one will be thoroughly satisfied.  I like height AND I'm not concerned with having anything other than an aesthetically pleasing skyline for the Music City.  And for those who have yet to come to grips with the FAA ban, just remember, we are not alone in that class.  San Diego, my dream retirement location, is a city of over a million people, and the FAA has them even lower.  Flying into SD is sweet!  You can just about grab a TPS report from an office worker as you land!

16 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I straight up emailed them awhile back. It's not an outright ban at all. 

Here it is, not a ban, just more of a they want to know. I think it hasn't happened yet because that is still A LOT OF BUILDING to fill for a city of Nashville's size. 

Paul, I had forgotten you posted that.  Thanks again for the enlightenment.  Beyond your info, it just makes sense given the location of downtown in proximity to BNA.  Who knows, decades from now...

31 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Right, it’s just a recommendation. If a developer comes to the table with a 1000 foot proposal, the FAA looks at all their criteria and then makes a final decision on what they find as to that particular building. It just might be based on things like location, base starting elevation etc , that building gets the ok . But it don’t mean that another developer comes in with a  850 foot tower and automatically gets a go ahead. They would need to go though the process. So it’s not that a building over 750 feet can’t get built in Nashville, it’s getting a developer that wants to go through the process. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Here it is, not a ban, just more of a they want to know. I think it hasn't happened yet because that is still A LOT OF BUILDING to fill for a city of Nashville's size. 

Thanks Paul! You beat me to the punch. There's no FAA limit on buildings downtown. 

Go over 750" and see what happens. They are giving you double talk. Metro will not let anything outside that circle get that tall. The neighbors will have a stroke if proposed. You may get 800' depending on elevation of where the tower is. 

There was an issue with the Amazon towers in VA with the FAA. as well.

San Diego has limits with the FAA. You can't say it's not the FAA because it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Wonder how Tony G got the go ahead with the original 1000+ Signature Tower? He was ready to build it, then 2008 happened 

24 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

I've asked that exact same question on this forum at least twice and never got an answer.

There really isn't an answer for you guys. Going through and looking around the permits/parcel/development info, there is no indication that the Paramount Tower was ever actually a "full go". The only remnants of the development are water sewer permits which is the exploratory level of the development. Tony G had the renderings developed because he was probably told by one of the previous administrations that they were willing to make a very publicly criticized land swap (I for one am very thankful it didn't occur) that obviously fell through. Also looking at the water/sewer permit, I have a hard believing that Paramount would've hit 1,000'. That would've required 15' floor-to-floor construction, which would be massive for residential construction. Going off rule of thumb heights, I would expect Paramount to have come in at about 800' to 820'.

All that to say.. for the love of god (whatever one you believe in, if any) please let Paramount go!!! It is dead, not gonna happen and really should not be the benchmark for development in the city.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Part of this discussion was around Tony's proposed Signature Tower  (1,000') that was the original plan for the 505 Church site. It was about to break ground when the 2008 financial collapse happened, and it was called-off.  But it would appear that Tony had gotten clearance from the FAA at that time for the thousand footer. It woulda been a beauty. 

Gotcha, so this was even for the 505 tower. I was looking at Church Street Park site

If I'm being 100% honest, I feel like any shovel readiness of that tower may have been a smoke screen, as I don't think even today Nashville could handle a 1000' tower. As mentioned above, that is ALOT of building to fill. Also, I don't really like the look of the tower. Being completely honest it feels quite dated and slightly ostentatious, but that is all personal preference.

4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Gotcha, so this was even for the 505 tower. I was looking at Church Street Park site

If I'm being 100% honest, I feel like any shovel readiness of that tower may have been a smoke screen, as I don't think even today Nashville could handle a 1000' tower. As mentioned above, that is ALOT of building to fill. Also, I don't really like the look of the tower. Being completely honest it feels quite dated and slightly ostentatious, but that is all personal preference.

I personally love the design, but at 750’. At 1,000’, I believe it would point out how small the rest of Nashville’s skyline is. 

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Part of this discussion was around Tony's proposed Signature Tower  (1,000') that was the original plan for the 505 Church site. It was about to break ground when the 2008 financial collapse happened, and it was called-off.  But it would appear that Tony had gotten clearance from the FAA at that time for the thousand footer. It woulda been a beauty. 

Signature Tower, tall version, 2007 render 1.jpg

Signature Tower, tall version, 2007 render 4.jpg

Signature Tower, tall version, 2007 render 5.jpg

That was a very cool tower design. Similar-ISH to Atlanta's IBM Tower but different too.

I'm hopeful another skyscraper will be proposed/pop up soon that is in the 700-800 foot range....

Edited by jjbradleyBrooklyn
  • Like 2