Modera SoBro, 825 6th Ave. South, 3.9 acres (Phase I: 8 stories, 404 units; Phase II: 11 stories, 309 units)

markhollin

On 3/10/2022 at 1:07 PM, Luvemtall said:

Good points @BnaBreaker, your right that developments ...Which we all know Nashville does have some taller buildings, but I guess my point is the inner core should be reserved for the taller above 20 story buildings to get that density perspective. 

Then your issue is with the current Downtown Code which only allows 8 stories as a basis for many lots such as this. You have to jump through a bunch of hoops to achieve 11 stories.  If you want to go higher then you have to go through a lengthy justification and approval process with the DRC.

• 4 months later...

13 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Sounds like a good idea. Any new development should be welcomed, especially if it’s replacing a parking lot or empty space. Even Haven is a welcomed addition to our city.

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?!!  :lol:

Couldn't resist...and yes it is welcomed, even if not aesthetically adored.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Mill creek is so boring

While this is not as exciting as the highrise failed proposal previously proposed for this site, it is excellent to see it replacing the junk warehouse.  Currently, the side facing Division is a pit from the bridge that is 3 to 4 feet of garbage and ecrement.  The homeless have used it as their piss pot and outhouse from sleeping under the bridge at Ewing all the way over to 6th.  My biggest regret is that the project will appear so short from the interstate as a the curve at Ewing, it is almost 3 storries above the street to the interstate.  I wish there could be an even taller element at that end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baronakim said:

My biggest regret is that the project will appear so short from the interstate as a the curve at Ewing, it is almost 3 storries above the street to the interstate.  I wish there could be an even taller element at that end.

That's my lament as well.  Wish they'd re-imagine that end and add some height and flare to the project.   It's so prominently situated against the interstate.  What an opportunity to "advertise" their brand.

• Like 1

The 11 stories were what the phase 2 was supposed to have been all along. The DTC modify is below and what they were asking for all along.

Application Submittal 8/15/2022
MPC Agenda Date 10/13/2022
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2022DTC-056-001
Ordinance #  
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer FRONT COUNTER
Application Name MODERA SOBRO
Application Type Downtown Code (Modify)
Application Scope A request for bonus height certification on property located at 825 6th Avenue South, zoned DTC (3.89 acres), to permit residential mixed-use project, requested by SOBRO Apartments LLC, applicant; CPC-8 TO 5, L.P., owner.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 825 6TH AVE S 37203
Applicant SOBRO APARTMENTS LLC Luca Barber 615-762-3825 [email protected]
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

A $517,120 demo permit has been secured by Mill Creek Residential to bring down the massive warehouse on the site. They have also landed a $113.5 construction million loan from Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank of Japan. Tony's Construction will handle the razing.  Work. on the development should start by summer.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-demo-looms-related-to-sobro-project/article_d406916c-b14f-11ed-945d-23b5c6f7dae0.html

A truly international development. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...