Rockhouse Live Greensboro

cityboi

It appears that Rockhouse Live is coming to downtown Greensboro in South End near Bourbon Bowl based on rumors and a given location doing a Google maps search. It is fairly new "destination" venue chain a little similar to Hard Rock Cafe but with a greater focus on live music. In fact Rockhouse has a disclaimer on its website that its not affiliated with Hard Rock Cafe so that there is no confusion. The founder was the partner of a former president and CEO of Hard Rock International who is also involved. Its actually a cross between Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blues but the music is Rock and the venues are smaller.  Rockhouse Live is an entertainment themed restaurant/live music venue and there are locations in Dallas, Memphis, Key West, Florida and a few other place. They typically open in tourist/high traffic areas. It will be the second destination restaurant/bar venue downtown. Fat Tuesday is located nearby. Its pretty cool that downtown Greensboro is attracting these kind of venues and when you have one it leads to another and another. These small Live music venues compliment the Tanger Center. Rockhouse will be located in the growing entertainment district in South End and will be located near Bourbon Bowl. Its a unique concept because it incorporates a virtual live streaming element. There has not been a formal announcement but appears to be in the works.

Update:

Just drove by there and there is indeed a sign in the window saying coming soon 

Screenshot_20211008-143747_Chrome.jpg

20211008_145811.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-164013_Gallery.jpg

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

We are sorry to say that this establishment is not related to RockHouse Live International, LLC, or any of our locations (RockHouse Live Memphis, RockHouse Live Midtown, RockHouse Live Clearwater Beach, RockHouse Live Key West, RockHouse Live Oxford).  The owners of this establishment have been contacted in regard to their infringement.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Honestly I figured out they were not associated with the chain and I was thinking to myself a lawsuit is coming. But yeah don't know if its a sarcastic poster or Rockhouse lol. If real this thread may have tipped them off. Can't understand why any business owner would blatantly select the same name of another established chain and they are both in the same kind of business.

Edited by cityboi
  • Confused 1

I very seriously doubt this was posted as some sort of a joke. This is NOT the sort of thing to joke about. It seems fairly serious, otherwise they would have not taken the time to create an account here to dispute this boosterism.

You guys need to be careful about posting announcements in public forums without having all of the facts straight.  It may seem harmless to you, until you receive something like a cease and desist letter by certified mail. The last thing that you want is to end up involved in some sort of litigation because you promoted something inaccurate in a public forum.

21 minutes ago, DCB said:

I can't possibly imagine any grounds for going after someone for posting about a very publicly visible sign advertising something.

Apparently that was not the logo/sign for the legitimate establishment. It is our responsibility to make sure that we are posting facts. Ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to legality in most cases.  There is a fine line between what's legal and what's not.

Edited by RALNATIVE

3 hours ago, cityboi said:

Exactly. The business owner is in the wrong here. 

So I guess the fact that you were incorrect in stating in your post that this venue (shown in the images which you posted) has locations in Dallas, Memphis, Key West, Florida and a few other places doesn't require any kind of retraction on your part because it was the business' fault for intentional (or possibly unintentional) misrepresentation and infringement.

Why do you think that the original establishment took the time out of their business day to post a disclaimer on this forum in relation to your post?

I wish that life were always as simple as you make it, but it's not.

Edited by RALNATIVE

27 minutes ago, RALNATIVE said:

So I guess the fact that you were incorrect in stating in your post that this venue (shown in the images which you posted) has locations in Dallas, Memphis, Key West, Florida and a few other places doesn't require any kind of retraction on your part because it was the business' fault for intentional (or possibly unintentional) misrepresentation and infringement.

Why do you think that the original establishment took the time out of their business day to post a disclaimer on this forum in relation to your post?

I wish that life were always as simple as you make it, but it's not.

Actually if you look back at my posts I did indicate a while back that they might not be the same. But legal problems fall with the owners of the business not forum posters getting two businesses confused because of having the same name. That's exactly why businesses get sued for this.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:22 PM, RALNATIVE said:

I very seriously doubt this was posted as some sort of a joke. This is NOT the sort of thing to joke about. It seems fairly serious, otherwise they would have not taken the time to create an account here to dispute this boosterism.

You guys need to be careful about posting announcements in public forums without having all of the facts straight.  It may seem harmless to you, until you receive something like a cease and desist letter by certified mail. The last thing that you want is to end up involved in some sort of litigation because you promoted something inaccurate in a public forum.

Jeez dude they're not coming on here to kill the messenger.  Part of the legal process requires intent, and I highly doubt anyone on UP intended to mislead anyone about Rockhouse.  Pretty sure the only time you'd really ever see that sort of action is if you were affiliated with the infringing company and knowingly promoted that product. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, AlmaPinnix said:

From what I can see, this has been renamed to "RockHouse GSO" and is being ran in the same location.

Looks like they got a letter from RockHouse  Live's attorneys. It was very easy for folks to think this establishment was part of their chain. Its the same as if someone opened up an independent fast food restaurant called McDonald's.

Edited by cityboi