Orlando History

spenser1058

9 minutes ago, codypet said:

That's exactly that the for lease sign says.  Lease for restaurant space.  I think someone on here might be right about it being decently suited for residential.  Gutting it and turning it into lofts.

That would be a good fit for that building, but with no attached parking it might be a hard sell.  

It might be more attractive as office rental space if they gutted all the interior walls, creating an open floor plan.  

1 hour ago, codypet said:

That's exactly that the for lease sign says.  Lease for restaurant space.  I think someone on here might be right about it being decently suited for residential.  Gutting it and turning it into lofts.

The floor to ceilings are not good and the lack of parking is a real problem. But it is a cool looking building on the outside. 

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

That would be a good fit for that building, but with no attached parking it might be a hard sell.  

It might be more attractive as office rental space if they gutted all the interior walls, creating an open floor plan.  

Since the City has been waving parking requirements and one could argue leasing space in the Central and RR garage is underutilized, it might be possible.  The issue comes with the lack of an adequate loading dock for trash pickup and other deliveries.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 10:25 AM, JFW657 said:

Then and now of above picture.....

Screenshot-20221204-172833-2.jpg

Screenshot-20221207-100828.jpg 

Looks like the original Publix building (with added on section) is still there. 

So it just dawned on me that the replacement for this Publix (Skyview next door is gone).  I knew it closed, but I assumed they had a new location opening up nearby, but no.  It unceremoniously closed.  The former Goodings/Winn Dixie up the road closed a few years back.   So other than a Spanish grocery and a few Aldi's there's no large format Supermarket there for miles.  That's crazy.

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 11:38 AM, codypet said:

So it just dawned on me that the replacement for this Publix (Skyview next door is gone).  I knew it closed, but I assumed they had a new location opening up nearby, but no.  It unceremoniously closed.  The former Goodings/Winn Dixie up the road closed a few years back.   So other than a Spanish grocery and a few Aldi's there's no large format Supermarket there for miles.  That's crazy.

About a mile south of there the Indian Supermarket chain Patel Brothers is opening an expanded store in the old GFS location. Other than a few ethnic specialty grocers (House os Spices(indian), Green Hills (Eastern European/Eurasian)) and the Walmart, that is about it. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:17 PM, JFW657 said:

Just happened across this.....

Had never heard about it before. 

they say those "flecks" you see in the first video in the tunnel that the camera catches are...ah hem...disembodied spirits, not dust.  

he should've brought a rolly thing with him instead of crawling.