GBT River North, 3 towers of up to 38 stories, 3.7 acres

markhollin

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

In all fairness I think this is a very old rendering as it was done by Monroe before Oracle was on board.

Yeah that  map dates way back to when River North was launched conceptually and before any parcels had been sold. So like 2017 or so.

Edited by DDIG
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

We can change this to up to 38 stories and I thought that was the case but could not remember at first.

Are there height restrictions on this side of the river? At 38 stories a office building can easily surpass 500 feet and 575 feet is not out of question. Put a crown on it and it can surpass 600 feet as we know from the AT&T building 

• Like 3

Again there was special zoning here for 25 stories with bonus height as the news release stated of 13 stories of bonus height. The one thing to remember is they will not be able to go over 750'. That is the cap put on us by  the FAA.

Sorry guys, they cant go 751'. We discussed this in other threads and it just is not going to happen unless someone with a lot of money and effort can change the minds of the FAA.

• markhollin changed the title to GBT River North, 3 towers of up to 38 stories, 3.7 acres
10 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

You are assuming that a 38 story will be office........assuming they go for all of the bonus height!

GBT also does residential, so a 38 story residential tower could only be 450' or so. Remember this is 3.7 acres, so they have room to do a hotel, residential, office, mixed use, or any combination there of.

Yeah, your right. I kinda knew the answers, was just hoping that the FAA thing was just in a predetermined path , or covered all of Nashville. I guess it’s ALL! And yes I was using office only in my “ what if” Scenario, just as a fun fact kinda thing. Thanks for the info.

It was always my understanding that the FAA  can’t stop a developer from building as tall as they want. They can only suggest  a height and it’s hard to get a building insured over that height. I Remember that Signature Tower was going to be 1,076 feet and the FAA complained so tony dropped it to 750 but he was also having trouble pre-selling units and that was another to drop the height. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

You just can’t get insurance.

Is there a specific range from the airport that you think this would cease to be applicable? Say, if an 800 foot tower were to be built in The Nations (just for hypotheticals), would that distance not be suitably remote when in reference to BNA?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TNMichigander said:

Is there a specific range from the airport that you think this would cease to be applicable? Say, if an 800 foot tower were to be built in The Nations (just for hypotheticals), would that distance not be suitably remote when in reference to BNA?

That area would probably be OK because there is a big TV tower just to the west of White Bridge Road, maybe Channel 4?