Eastside Developments

westsider28

6 hours ago, westsider28 said:

I found a real estate listing that indicates that an upgrade/renovation is planned for the Webber Square shopping center (home to Mon Amie).  Extensive improvements planned include: façade and site improvements, shared patio and greenspace.  It also shows Burrito Hub prominently in the renderings, which suggests they're already signed on?  Not sure if it would be an additional location or relocation.  Listing 1 , Listing 2

749926517_WebberSqsiteplanalt.thumb.jpg.2bf3d722cbff7cdf5ac80ec0d94e81c6.jpg

253691532_WebberSqrender1.thumb.jpg.728dbc4bc2a2239051ab8929a6c5af1d.jpg

Seems like this would be a nice improvement.

Bringing the renderings to the new page.

4 hours ago, roads-scholar said:

That center is a mess!  Glad someone will fix it up.  I see the adjacent bowling alley is now closed.  Heard a rumor it will be replaced by a Circle K or Quik Trip.   

The former bowling alley is owned by an LLC out of Pittsford, NY, so who knows.  That's a big parcel for just a gas station.

3 hours ago, SpartanBorn&Raised said:

Zoom in closer and you'll also see plans for Eastside Brewing and Scoops Ice Cream!  So awesome!!

Those are probably just generic business names.  They often do that in marketing images.  Whereas, Burrito Hub is their actual logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westsider28 said:

The former bowling alley is owned by an LLC out of Pittsford, NY, so who knows.  That's a big parcel for just a gas station.

Those are probably just generic business names.  They often do that in marketing images.  Whereas, Burrito Hub is their actual logo.

Good to know!

As for the Star Lanes property...I think it would be cool and a great fit if SpareTime or a similar type place located there.

• 3 weeks later...

Converse Mill Lofts are projecting a Q2-2023 completion.  36 apartments in an annex building will be the first to be completed, followed by 137 units in the main, 5-story structure.  Amenities will include a fitness center, pool, an outdoor grilling area and a dog washing station.  Parking will be located around the building with 208 spaces for residents, 25 spaces for access to the river and 35 spaces for visitors.  Artifacts from the mill’s interior will be saved and later displayed in industrial art presentations on the inside and outside of the building.  Construction costs are on track to be just under $50 million.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 7:44 PM, westsider28 said:

The signs are indeed generic (except for Burrito Hub) The rest is just rendering. I have inside scoop (pun intended) on this one. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sparkleman said:

With all the green space in the rendering, where is everyone supposed to park?

Next door is Foster's garden world which to my knowledge isn't moving and behind is the old school which I doubt D7 is gonn part with.

The rendering shows ~122 parking spaces, I'm sure that will be sufficient.  Developers (and lenders) have formulas for parking based on tenant mix.

288738461_WebberSqsiteplanalt.thumb.jpg.ab5e29e88172f74936ecd89d8ce3630e.jpg

Also, I very much expect D7 to sell that site at some point.  They could make a pretty penny, and I doubt they need the land.  Probably just waiting for the price to go up and/or the right offer.

I get excited by the most random and dumbest of things.

The parking situation in this one is part of it. 

And that's simply because of how messy it looks from outer space to have the cars parked at diagonals. 

I mean, just check them out in the promotional package!  :tw_astonished:

Seeing in comparison the new design for the parking spaces with all of them lined up is like OCD Heaven. 

Like I said, random and dumb. :tw_lol:

image.thumb.jpeg.a4608a5469b27f640b59151bc17babcf.jpeg

Not sure if this falls on the East side of things, but I saw that "Mid-South Management Company Inc. has approached City staff with a request that the City quit claim its interest in an unused alleyway between Bryant Street and County Club Road. In conjunction with the closure and abandonment of Bryant Street, the attached Ordinance will extinguish any property ownership interests the City may have in said alleyway. Mid-South plans to construct residential housing on the two parcels it owns that surround Bryant Street and the unused alleyway. City staff recommends City Council close and abandon Bryant Street."

This is for the parcel that is basically at one of the corners of the intersection of Country Club Road and S. Pine Street.

Glad to see this area starting to develop!

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 00.07.52.png

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

That is disappointing. QT?

I'd have rather seen a new, upgraded larger Star Lanes with perhaps some laser tag, escape rooms, a large arcade and even indoor mini-golf (plus a larger food menu).  Or Spare Time could have opened a location.

I've heard Circle K and QT both.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 8:53 PM, SpartanBorn&Raised said:

I'd have rather seen a new, upgraded larger Star Lanes with perhaps some laser tag, escape rooms, a large arcade and even indoor mini-golf (plus a larger food menu).  Or Spare Time could have opened a location.

I've heard Circle K and QT both.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, Spartanburg Dude said:

I've heard Circle K. Sadly. 
Regardless of brand, I think that putting a gas station/convenience store there is just a waste. That corner (in my opinion) could sustain a more meaningful development. 

Get ready for both then.  According to this listing for the corner of Plainview and East Main, in addition to townhomes, there's a QT planned.  I guess investors/developers figure there's a lack of "new" gas stations to serve the dramatically increasing population on that side of town.  Super disappointing, though.  And seems short-sighted considering most major automakers are shifting to electric-only by 2030ish.  Maybe the new stations will kill off the old ones and make their sites available for better development (desperately looking for silver linings).

QT-ths.thumb.jpg.77215fe726d25668c5ad8b8c752f90bb.jpg

QT1.thumb.jpg.9f65903b242fd8b49be72d010890461a.jpg

This kills the (admittedly pipe) dream of having Zion Hill extend straight to Cannons Campground and eventually to 85. It's just gross what they're allowing to happen. The same problems one every other major road in South Carolina are coming to East Main. Strip mall development, lots of large monotonous subdivisions. No sense of place. Traffic congestion due to lack of alternate routes. No planning for bike paths and walkability. It's infuriating. 

I wish the City could annex more land over there, and that they had better land use regulations outside of downtown.

On 11/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, Spartan said:

This kills the (admittedly pipe) dream of having Zion Hill extend straight to Cannons Campground and eventually to 85. It's just gross what they're allowing to happen. The same problems one every other major road in South Carolina are coming to East Main. Strip mall development, lots of large monotonous subdivisions. No sense of place. Traffic congestion due to lack of alternate routes. No planning for bike paths and walkability. It's infuriating. 

I wish the City could annex more land over there, and that they had better land use regulations outside of downtown.

I think your first point is still possible by mostly following existing roads (Plainview to CC, maybe Police Club to 221/85).  I agree with your other points, though.  Very frustrating to see us make the same mistakes over and over, when the solutions/mitigations are well known.

Massive industrial development planned on Hwy 221 between Floyd Road, Police Club Road, and the RR tracks.  Spartan Enterprise Park is ~300 acres with plans for up to 5 buildings and +/-3M square feet.  More/better road connectivity is desperately needed over here, ASAP.

1183401630_SpartanEnterpriseIndustrialPark.thumb.jpg.b309da10a5fa3a66ecb7835dac4fdf2b.jpg

Edited by westsider28
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, westsider28 said:

Massive industrial development planned on Hwy 221 between Floyd Road, Police Club Road, and the RR tracks.  Spartan Enterprise Park is ~300 acres with plans for up to 5 buildings and +/-3M square feet.  More/better road connectivity is desperately needed over here, ASAP.

1183401630_SpartanEnterpriseIndustrialPark.thumb.jpg.b309da10a5fa3a66ecb7835dac4fdf2b.jpg

I think even something like Highway 80 through Greer from 29 to 14 would be a great idea.  I even like the idea on a larger scale - start in Chesnee/Mayo through Cowpens, through the Eastside into Clifton, Glendale and Pacolet and through Pauline into Roebuck even.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Santi said:

There is a building on the intersection of Zion Hill Road and Clifton Glendale Road that was purchased for $500,000 in 2020 by the 720 Group, LLC. A social media contact mentioned it being turned into a storage facility. If true, it'd make sense, with all of the units going up in the Main Street area. 

What a waste.  This would be great as retail (like it once was) so people in the area wouldn't have to go all the way to East Main.

13 hours ago, westsider28 said:

What a waste.  This would be great as retail (like it once was) so people in the area wouldn't have to go all the way to East Main.

If this eyesore of a building is demolished and an attractive storage facility is constructed (i.e. John B White Blvd where the Camelot Cinema once stood) this would be a huge improvement.  BTW, that building was a Bi Lo supermarket that was constructed in the 70's.