Eastside Developments

westsider28

It would be a double drive thru, and dump into the general parking lot area below rather that immediately into one of the entries into/exits from Hillcrest.

In itself an improvement, though I am curious what the flow of things will be like once Ruby Tuesday becomes a rumored burger joint itself and Hobby Lobby opens up.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9f44505ee6eab69cb5c9cd2db33c7c3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3c1b5b1bf2fae1e948cc88305e27581c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.590c12cd3f1cbafd67731d5cefe4c58a.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Apparently the owners of Viking Plaza (formerly LeBaron Plaza) are now planning a nearly 14,000 SF food hall in the space. It will feature 2,000 square feet for Ziggi’s Coffee, a space for a taproom and then 400-square-foot stalls, each with space for a kitchen, storage and a counter service front.  Communal dining will fill the rest of the space.  Plan is for Spring 2024 opening.

I've also seen alcohol permit listings in the paper recently for several of the new Webber Square tenants, so hopefully those will be opening soon.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This LoopNet listing for W Square has some pretty up-to-date photos.  I love the plaza area, but not thrilled with the lack sidewalks on E Main / Webber or the lack of trees in the parking lot.  Isn't there a requirement for both, or was that not "triggered" since this is a renovation?  Looks like the new businesses will open very soon.

611116338_WSprogOct1.thumb.jpg.56ccb5f497ff0599f750ee1b2797d917.jpg

631638585_WSprogOct3.thumb.jpg.0221e3e9e1e964d4bdc8acfbad17e636.jpg

746594347_WSprogOct2.thumb.jpg.a4e7204b431751e6d62c7eeb87696324.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On trees in the parking lot - not really sure of the answer, but it may depend on how much they spent or what percentage of the value of the property they spent on any renovations.  Looking at the tree section of the zoning ordinance, that appears to be the case - it's 50% of the appraised value... or if the structure is demolished or increased by 50%.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Most Eastside residential development coming to the large wooded lot south of the Daniel Morgan Technology Center on Zion Hill Road.  Shown in the March 5 County Planning Commission agenda, Knights Landing is a 108-unit townhome development.  It also shows a future ~250-unit apartment development next door.  Developed by Crown Development.  The projects will surround the existing home on the land, but not connect, because we have a broken land-use policy in the County...

This is contiguous to City limits, but I'm sure won't be annexed for some reason.  This joins townhouses (57 units) and patio homes (126 units) on Plainview and the massive 570-unit Ellison residential development just up East Main.

KnightsLandingsiteplan.jpg.thumb.png.0dc81c878d9a8c956dcc1f485453a3ac.png

On 2/29/2024 at 6:28 PM, westsider28 said:

Most Eastside residential development coming to the large wooded lot south of the Daniel Morgan Technology Center on Zion Hill Road.  Shown in the March 5 County Planning Commission agenda, Knights Landing is a 108-unit townhome development.  It also shows a future ~250-unit apartment development next door.  Developed by Crown Development.  The projects will surround the existing home on the land, but not connect, because we have a broken land-use policy in the County...

This is contiguous to City limits, but I'm sure won't be annexed for some reason.  This joins townhouses (57 units) and patio homes (126 units) on Plainview and the massive 570-unit Ellison residential development just up East Main.

Live right down the street from this and well... THIS SUCKS. 
The indiscriminate destruction of green/forest land to build these developments is awful, to say the least. 
Plus, traffic will be a disaster on Zion Hill. I can deal with townhomes, I guess, but Apartments? Really? Ugh. 

• Sad 1

On 2/29/2024 at 6:28 PM, westsider28 said:

This is just insane to me.

Also, the this is terrible land use planning (welcome to Spartanburg County, I guess). A a minimum the roads between the two lots should connect in the back. Ideally you'd have them stub atrets into that single family lot in the middle. It might take 20 yeays but it will turn over into more of the same eventually, then you have a neighborhood with a street network to build off of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...