The Delano.

gman430

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

This project has increase in number of units. 9  stories, now 97 apartment units. 

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/9455?fileID=51822

Total height will now be 111 ft. It will be quite noticeable from nearby since there is nothing else around it for now, but may not be visible from a distance as it will sit in a lower elevation spot in the city at just 924 feet.  Nice looking building!

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Total height will now be 111 ft. It will be quite noticeable from nearby since there is nothing else around it for now, but may not be visible from a distance as it will sit in a lower elevation spot in the city at just 924 feet.  Nice looking building!

True - will be nice to have this, with future developments maxing out the UP height limit, to point at from any downtown rooftop or elevated vantage point to say “that’s Unity park.”  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

So this is what happens when a Motel 6 from 1969 is mixed with the Daniel Building and aged to show what it would look like in 2022.

Huh? :dontknow:

I don't see either a Motel 6 or the Daniel building in there.

I don't think this building will win awards but I think it's WAAAYYY better than the modern boxes we've been seeing elsewhere. I'll take it it over those every time.

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Huh? :dontknow:

I don't see either a Motel 6 or the Daniel building in there.

I don't think this building will win awards but I think it's WAAAYYY better than the modern boxes we've been seeing elsewhere. I'll take it it over those every time.

The proportions and lines in this building just aren’t right; it’s already an eyesore.  That’s somewhat subjective, but smooth lines that flow well, and proportions that work well together, are missing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, gman said:

The sign is still on the site. At for the internet, here you go. https://delanounitypark.com

I hope you’re right but the fact that the website still has no info on it and the leasing package no longer available anywhere is a cause for concern. 

Edited by gman430

1 minute ago, gman430 said:

I hope you’re right but the fact that the website still has no info on it and the leasing package no longer available anywhere is a cause for concern. 

When the supply chain issues subside, inflation slows and interest rates come back down, some of these projects will move forward. Until then, building high end projects are just not feasible. 

• 2 weeks later...