SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

2 minutes ago, Reverie39 said:

This looks so good. I wonder if we can expect some high-rises in between here and 277 one day too (on the north side of Morehead, between Church and the Blue Line). The skyline will be a little disconnected until then. From what I see right now (Google Maps) there's a few lots there occupied by parking lots and low-rises, and a 277 ramp onto College that seems entirely unnecessary given the presence of an identical ramp onto South like two blocks away lol. Maybe all those can be developed further.

I absolutely would expect.

• Like 2

Lovely rendering.

I've lived in several cities where flashy high-rise renderings were frequently proposed and frequently flamed out.

Pre-COVID, it felt like renderings proposed for Charlotte were pretty much a sure thing.  Confidence was quite high.

I'm glad to see that developers are still confident enough to acquire property and publicize renderings, but also want to stay cautiously optimistic.  Is it feasible that both this enterprise lot project and riverside happen at the same time, or both happen at all?  I suppose time will tell.  Charlotte was #1 in the nation in office space delivery in 2021, but all that delivery was envisioned and planned during the pre-covid mania, well before "the office" started getting redefined and re-imagined.  These announcements are starting to say to me that either Charlotte's relocation pipeline rivals Austin's, or the physical office will be where work gets done, and all the questioning and second-guessing are mere blips.

• Like 1

I hear rumors and rumors of various office space relocations that could easily anchor both these complexes the Riverside and the new Crescent.    But as I noted in Crescent Carson thread it would take a 100K tenant to start probably the Crescent Carson tower.  I could think of many of those in the market who might migrate to this new Class AA building. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

27,000 people are about to start working in Uptown again shortly (Wells, March 14). Banking isn't tech, they want their people in the office.

Which towers will they occupy?  Did they vacate One Wells Fargo and will they take former Duke Tower? If so College Street will have a long stretch of little to no activity, Conference Center to Ritz has little going for it.

Just now, stw52 said:

Which towers will they occupy?  Did they vacate One Wells Fargo and will they take former Duke Tower? If so College Street will have a long stretch of little to no activity, Conference Center to Ritz has little going for it.

2 Wells, 3 Wells, Duke, and a few other smaller towers. But yah, 1 Wells, to my knowledge is vacant from Wells Fargo. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

2 Wells, 3 Wells, Duke, and a few other smaller towers. But yah, 1 Wells, to my knowledge is vacant from Wells Fargo. 

they still have space in 1 Wells Fargo 301 S College but shrunk it significantly when they moved into all of 300 S Brevard the redo of the AT&T bldg. 

• Like 3

Not an official rendering but I wasn’t sure if this was posted. Just got this from an article from Charlotte Stories on the tower that’s supposed to go where Prices is. 
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_02/1FF20A8A-551C-47F7-8A5B-9D65AF8589E6.thumb.jpeg.d1843cb43e4fecd83d9cdd19a9e6b8a3.jpeg

I’m pretty sure that has been out there for a while and was dismissed by some some on here. It’s definitely way taller than what it’s supposed to be.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryancharlotte2 said:

Hi friends - I am looking to buy a apartment/condo in south end but I am very new to this all! I have really enjoyed reading about all the new exciting properties coming to south end. I currently do not live in the area so pardon my question but what is the best way to find upcoming condo/apartment developments?

Hi Ryan! I sent you a PM. I’m a realtor here, and would gladly sit down and review condo and apartment options with you. Welcome to Charlotte!

• Like 3

The people that run Charlotte Stories should look in the mirror and seriously consider what they are doing with their life. We get one shot at life on this planet... money isn't worth making a career out of lying / sensationalizing stories to get people riled up / divided / freaked out. 

• Like 1

So just for context a 31 floor building will be around 10 floors parking and 21 floors residential (I know, that's terrible, but its reality) at around 10.5-11.5 feet per floor on average. So we are looking at 325-356 feet. TOD technically caps building height at 300, but you can probably cheat it up to 350.
So to to extrapolate how tall it will be, lets compare it to Dimensional Fund's tower. DFA is 180 feet, so this will be less than twice the height of DFA. This would place the tower just under the horizon in the photo that [mention=32557]j-man[/mention]posted.

Charlotte Stories are nothing but Stories (fictional), not news. : ) simple way to remember that for everyone.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Cool! So South End  will have a 50+ floor building!?! I think it is time for Charlotte to have a new tallest, so hopefully one of these developers puts something like Hudson Yards in South End next.

:D:lol:

Hey, I think it’s time for us to get our own version of Bank of America Plaza. It’s the city’s tallest and its in Midtown Atlanta. Why can’t we (eventually) have a new tallest in SE to help balance out the sloping skyline?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

This would represent a 50+ floor building, they do not know what they are talking about.

Technically If you look at the apartments that are mostly around 5 stories and you multiplied the height about 6 times, then this looks similar to a maybe 35 story building which is not that much different from what has been proposed. 50+ Is a stretch but okay. 

Edited by j-man

2 hours ago, j-man said:

Technically If you look at the apartments that are mostly around 5 stories and you multiplied the height about 6 times, then this looks similar to a maybe 35 story building which is not that much different from what has been proposed. 50+ Is a stretch but okay. 

That's one way to look at it I guess. But, all I see is the Vue plopped right into South End. How many floors is the Arlington for reference?

12 minutes ago, DownEast said:

That's one way to look at it I guess. But, all I see is the Vue plopped right into South End. How many floors is the Arlington for reference?

Yeah and most of the taller developments aren't in this pic so its not much nearby to compare it to. 

4 hours ago, j-man said:

I encourage you to reread my methodology, its sound. I have been creating diagrams like this professionally and they regularly get licensed for use by architects and developers, and are always published in media companies in Charlotte

"So just for context a 31 floor building will be around 10 floors parking and 21 floors residential (I know, that's terrible, but its reality) at around 10.5-11.5 feet per floor on average. So we are looking at 325-356 feet. TOD technically caps building height at 300, but you can probably cheat it up to 350.

So to extrapolate how tall it will be, lets compare it to Dimensional Fund's tower. DFA is 180 feet, so this will be less than twice the height of DFA. This would place the tower just under the horizon in the photo that @j-manposted." 

1 hour ago, j-man said:

Yeah and most of the taller developments aren't in this pic so its not much nearby to compare it to. 

there is a 180 foot tall building right beside it, but if you want to pretend the vue is getting built in South End go ahead

Edited by The Real Clayton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1