SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

There is a reason they actually haven’t actually posted signage compared to a crescent  next door. I will say I think your thought process is more correct on that project.

I did see a rendering of the next tower currently under way at Legacy Union.  I found it to be pretty stunning.  Spirit Square project may break ground before Queensbridge.  Uptown is still where it’s at.

I understand that new projects need to hype up everything but don’t you all think this statement is a Head Scratcher?  Wasn’t BOACC a larger project?

The two-block project includes a 40-story office tower totaling 750,000 square feet, as well as two high-rise apartment buildings and retail and restaurant spaces. “One, the sheer size and scale of the project is unlike anything Charlotte has experienced, he said

1 hour ago, MothBeast said:

Not necessarily a height thing. All three buildings together are for sure the most sq ft announced all at once. Legacy Union is in phases or I would consider that first. 

But queensbridge is coming in phases as well, and not all at once.

We didn’t know as much about LU initially as we do this project is my point. More sq ft for LU in the end but it wasn’t announced as a single cohesive project in the same way

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, MothBeast said:

We didn’t know as much about LU initially as we do this project is my point. More sq ft for LU in the end but it wasn’t announced as a single cohesive project in the same way

I see what you’re saying, but to answer hushpuppy321’s question, I think the article is being a bit hyperbolic about queensbridge, but so it goes.  Even though it’s public-private, I actually expect the Spirit Square re-do adjacent to the new library to be more compelling place-making than queensbridge, though I know queensbridge will have taller bldgs.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1

Its definitely the largest ever in total square footage for a single block of development that was announced all at once. DEC plus the original condo tower might have almost qualified.  It was 8 floor taller Museum Tower is today.  But it didn't happen all at once. Bank of America Corporate Center, much like Key Tower in Cleveland was originally going to have a baby corporate center attached to it with an additional 400K of office and hotel.
image.png.7fcd1f07e1e46819cdc81f0d25bfb854.png

But is it the largest ever in total parking announced all at once? Cuz that’s the real Legacy worth having.
  • Haha 2

Various Southend high rises and Southend skyline shot.  and I noticed surveying work on the building and lot on Winnifred where at 15-17 story apartment tower is proposed by Delray Ventures.

actually the Delray tower is 15 stories 400 apartments 15K of retail 25K of office and a couple levels of parking.  It was long building.  

IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Various Southend high rises and Southend skyline shot.  and I noticed surveying work on the building and lot on Winnifred where at 15-17 story apartment tower is proposed by Delray Ventures.

actually the Delray tower is 15 stories 400 apartments 15K of retail 25K of office and a couple levels of parking.  It was long building.  

IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

Any renders of the Delray at plot?

40 minutes ago, metropolitan said:

Any idea of what the two towers on the Cousin’s owned lot across from Pins mechanical are going to look like? Resi or office? Suspect Resi mostly . When might renderings drop?

one of both I have heard and nothing I have seen yet but both high rises 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, j-man said:

Don’t know if this is high or midrise but hey it’s pretty decent sized. 

4588581F-2F75-4C59-9190-C87F1CC146D3.jpeg

CF2014A1-3949-4D77-A617-A5531FCA24C2.jpeg

That is awesome, and honestly another reason why I don't mind the Cousins tower going no retail (There should be a coffee shop or restaurant space on the trail, but can't have everything). The Hot Taco property is also going to be very activated. There is such a thing as too much retail if it is too spread out. This section of Tryon will be very dense.  

Edited by Blue_Devil
  • Like 2