SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

19 hours ago, tito_m9 said:

Are there any renderings or specifications on what's being built in the first/second photo?

1 minute ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Apartment Complex is under construction 

Edited by Hushpuppy321
Alliance Residential - Apartment Complex Under Construction
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Wow!  And right next to Centre South that'll make the whole stretch very dense.  Who wants to photoshop it in here?

I think CLTDevelopment might have insinuated that shopping center was on the way out for something larger but this is the first visual (I think) of the building

image.thumb.png.7378a2c61bc6967603562e505fa9da73.png

Centre South has been renamed 22nd Century South.

47 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

we knew the land had sold and they were planning something.  With all these high rise apartments towers I want to see who breaks ground.  This 31 story one breaking ground later this year would not deliver for 3 years which the market should be much better than right now.  They said in the article a 36 month build time.   These apartment towers remind me of an arms race who could build the fastest and deliver first to the market. 

from the Biz Journal this morning 

""Washington, D.C., developer Akridge and Virginia-based property management company Kettler have partnered on two multifamily projects that will add a total of 865 new units to South End.

Both projects, a 450-unit, 31-story high-rise at 1427 South Blvd. and a 415-unit, seven-story midrise at 3119 South Blvd., are scheduled to break ground toward the end of the year.

Akridge and Kettler purchased 1427 South Blvd., a 0.9-acre property at the edge of South End and Dilworth, for $13.5 million on Dec. 20. The small business plaza currently there is home to H&R Block, BetterMed Urgent Care Charlotte, Modern Man and Cachet South End.

On Jan. 11, the firms closed on the $17 million purchase of 3119 South Blvd., spanning 2.8 acres near lower South End. The building on that property, formerly South End Jewelry and Loan, is currently vacant.""

here is the midrise apartment complex further down South Blvd.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/01/30/akridge-kettler-apartment-projects-south-end.html

3119-s-blvd_750xx2428-1366-92-0.jpg

Just based on the renderings, I’ll take the mid rise all day 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to find they’ve increased the size of the  planned Office SF and total number of apartments to further densify the originally approved plans.  Would bring them better ROI.

Wow, this lot has sat fallow all these years with a proposed developed pretty much anchored by class A office space, and you speculate Fallon is upping the office component?  Interesting.

I was going to say that the imminent update is a re-configuration of the development plans and site layout, but that ground-breaking would not, in fact, be imminent:tw_joy: