SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

48 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

from CLT Development:  ""Amazing that so few people read The Observer these days that this made no waves on social media anywhere. Renderings of Cousins Properties two tower development on West Tremont and Doggett.""

I do read Gordon Rago!  The past few days, however, I couldn't seem to get past the headline that a dead body, suspected homicide, was found adjacent to Truist Field.  I literally had to do a search for Cousins Properties in the site search bar based on your post.   Not sure what that's about.  At any rate, no timeline given for the start of construction, so this might take a while to come out of the ground.  Can someone share with me what they know about our policy for burying power lines?  I'm guessing Queensbridge Collective will bury?  Given the size of this project, would it bury?  The OG Ashton South End doesn't have power lines around it?  Does burial happen once a project is a certain size/height, or is there no hard and fast rule and it's totally at the discretion of the developer?

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from CLT Development:  ""Amazing that so few people read The Observer these days that this made no waves on social media anywhere. Renderings of Cousins Properties two tower development on West Tremont and Doggett.""

Seems like Cousins has a bit too many Irons in the Fire in SouthEnd.  First is Bland St and now Tremont Ave.  Hopefully something breaks ground soon instead of them sitting on these lots like a mother hen on her developing eggs…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Seems like Cousins has a bit too many Irons in the Fire in SouthEnd.  First is Bland St and now Tremont Ave.  Hopefully something breaks ground soon instead of them sitting on these lots like a mother hen on her developing eggs…

I think they will go with apartment tower first on Tremont and maybe that again on the Bland St site then do the office buildings later. Cousins is big and well capitalized 

https://cousins.com/

• Like 3

On 5/28/2023 at 8:17 AM, KJHburg said:

I had read that.  I was going to post it, but for some reason, for several months at this point, my phone and computer give me limited access to this site.  I can  only post when I receive a notification that someone posted in a thread that I had posted in.

SouthEnd looks amazing.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Jason Thomas just posted these on IG.  This is the lot across from Wooden Robot and next to Hoppin.  I was wondering how they were going to use that narrow long lot.  

First impression is that I like it.   Looks huge and Jason said it will have retail.  

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

Holy smokes!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Jason Thomas just posted these on IG.  This is the lot across from Wooden Robot and next to Hoppin.  I was wondering how they were going to use that narrow long lot.  

First impression is that I like it.   Its colorful, interesting, looks huge and Jason said it will have retail.  

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

I think it is absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like 2

this is behind the Railyard on Winnifred street.  It is a nice looking project I have heard about this project but the first time I have seen a rendering.   It looks great I agree.  That is Delray Ventures and Dallas based Lincoln Property Group affiliated company of Lincoln Harris. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 1:15 PM, norm21499 said:

It is so odd to me to see the South End skyline driving down 77  South, but I love it!

Same here - I think though, that it’ll still be some time (maybe 2025 or lil later) before South End burgeoning Skyline begins to supplant others in NC as being more dense and tall.  Anyone care to guess in what order will be the top 5 skyline in the State in 2025?

(Raleigh, North Hills, Greensboro, Durham, Charlotte, Winston, South End, etc.). Dang this is too easy, nevermind.  Funny that Charlotte was dubbed  ‘Sprawl City’ in that bloggers post but by far has the most dense urban core in the State and a least Top 5 in the Southeast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Same here - I think though, that it’ll still be some time (maybe 2025 or lil later) before South End burgeoning Skyline begins to supplant others in NC as being more dense and tall.  Anyone care to guess in what order will be the top 5 skyline in the State in 2025?

(Raleigh, North Hills, Greensboro, Durham, Charlotte, Winston, South End, etc.). Dang this is too easy, nevermind.  Funny that Charlotte was dubbed  ‘Sprawl City’ in that bloggers post but by far has the most dense urban core in the State and a least Top 5 in the Southeast.

People say Atlanta, Dallas & Houston are sprawling and they have pretty large cores outside their primary downtown. Buckhead & Midtown rival many downtowns in skyscraper prowess in the nation. 

• Like 4