Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiversideGator

San Marco Place

For those of you who were wondering, the San Marco Place building is vertical. I drove by today and it is about 10 feet in the air in places (such as what appears to be an elevator shaft) and they are still working on the foundations in places. In fact, workers were at work on both this project and the adjacent Strand today (Saturday).

The Southbank is going to be really developed soon. It is just a matter of time before the Northbank will catch up. (Hopefully) I can't wait to drive on Riverplace past all of the construction and check it out.

What's the status of San Marco Place as of today? Is the high-rise crane already up or not yet? How many feet is the condo tower now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to sanmarcoplace.com. There is a live webcam link at the bottom of the main page. It's very low resolution but it updates about every 2 seconds.

As of Friday morning the "building" is only about 10-15 feet tall, but a mobile crane has been driven in since yesterday.

was up in the SMP sales office today and took a couple of shots...rep confirmed ---1 story/week once they get going with a pretty firm opening date of September 2006.

choices---const1.jpg

choices---const2.jpg

the model kitchen...

choices-kitchen1.jpg

I was wondering if everyone else is having the same problem as I am when trying to view the construction progress of San Marco Place on the webcam available through its website. Everytime I try to watch/view the construction of San Marco Place through the live video feed, it keeps saying, THE VIDEO STREAM YOU REQUESTED IS UNAVAILABLE. Is this happening to everyone else or is something up with my computer? Thanks.

If you recieve an error like that, it can't be your computer and is from the other end. The problem is somewhere between their camera and their server.

Speaking of SMP, they are today building one of those large cranes on the site. It is black and already pretty tall. I love the fact that it is like a forest of cranes on the Southbank now.

It will be realy cool when you have the two cranes for pen., two for strand, and one or two for SMP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, it will be quite impressive. In a few months we'll be able to see Strand, Peninsula, and SMP all under construction from the news4jax.com towercam.

In fact, there's even the possibility that Riverpointe, plus the San MarcoRiverwalk 9 story hotel + one of the 30 story condo towers could also start construction sometime in 2006 (though don't hold your breath, especially on SMRR). Berkman Plaza II might even be visible from across the river, in the same angle.

Now that would be an impressive sight, to see that much under construction in Jax ... all in one view!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I have always wanted to operate one of those tower cranes. Imagine the view!

I have always wanted to operate one of those tower cranes.  Imagine the view!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha :) It probably isn't all that hard to get that job. I'm sure the crane operators are more skilled/trained than a regular construction worker ... but it couldn't be that selective.

I'll have to add that to my list of potential careers for when I finally get fed up with law school. ;)

You can also use the vantage point to drop goober bombs on unsuspecting construction workers! :whistling:

BTW the camera feed for SMP is back up and running. I love all of the action going on. Its great to be able to keep an eye on those guys to make sure they're as productive as possible. The harder they work, the quicker the building is finished, and the happier we are!

They are actually delivering yellow crane to site,I saw it last nite on trucks,not sure how long it will take to assemble big crane but it should be pretty soon.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I checked the San Marco website and it seems that the webcam is up and working again (HOPEFULLY FOR GOOD) and it also show that the high-rise crane is now assembled.

Soory but cranes are gray/white....it looked yellow during night.It seems that these guys alredy got first floor running.Its going to be nice when all towers are done.Its gonna look like totaly new place .