The Miles (19 stories, 637 residential micro units, 10,420 sq. ft. of ground level retail, underground garage)

markhollin

• markhollin changed the title to Lewis Way and Lea (16-18 stories, residential, underground garage) at 516-526 Rep. John Lewis Way South

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to The Miles (19 stories, residential micro units, ground level retail, underground garage) at 516-526 Rep. John Lewis Way South

It's definitely funny to see how trends affect the names for these buildings...we've seen it go from mostly abstract concepts like Icon, Element, and Octave to more niche/historic family names like The Morris, The Harlowe, and now The Miles that must be an attempt to give the new buildings more of an established, urban feel. Not sure that it works in a very meaningful way, but probably a sort of interesting reflection of how the general impressions of urban living have changed.

• Like 3

Great infill, and the fact that these are micro units hopefully indicates that they will be a bit more affordable. Put me in the camp of preferring 5-10 buildings of this height over 2-3 buildings of 30-35 stories. 
I prefer the address to play the prominent role in the name, but that may butt up against the wishes of marketers. With all the names floating around I can’t keep them straight. At least with the address I can think of a location.  I know exactly where 505 Church is located.  Most people have no idea where the Harlowe is located. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to The Miles (19 stories, 637 residential micro units, ground level retail, underground garage) at 516-526 Rep. John Lewis Way South
  • markhollin changed the title to The Miles (19 stories, 637 residential micro units, 10,420 sq. ft. of ground level retail, underground garage)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...