500 Lafayette (27 stories, 350 residential units, street level retail/office, internal garage)

markhollin

40 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

It's okay to me.   Oddly shaped lots present an opportunity to do something really unique.  I don't get unique in this design.  This is a lot that should be iconic for the area.

I don't mind that it is a mid-rise, but more of a nod to the Flatiron Building in NYC or one of my other favorites the Sentinel in San Francisco  would be nice for that lot.  The Sentinel holds its own even though it is right near the Transamerica Building.

San Francisco Landmark #33: Sentinel Building

To me what has been proposed will just blend in with the other glass structures.  It's lacking presence to me.   It will have a relatively flat facade with a few balconies.

People simply don’t build anything that looks like this anymore. These buildings only come from age.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Brichar4 said:

Not sure this is a delayed news story or this is movement on this project? But just saw this news story. 
https://commercialobserver.com/2022/05/madison-realty-capital-lends-23m-on-nashville-resi-towers/

YE GADS there’s that nasty old stock photo again. It needs to be banished from the internet..That has to have been taken 25 or 30 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Was there ever a PT boat docked at Nashville?  What is that thing? 

Now that you mention it, I think there was some sort of historic PT boat or landing craft or something tied up next to Nissan Stadium for a short while a couple years ago but I can't rustle up any news mention of it.

Edited by GregH
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GregH said:

Now that you mention it, I think there was some sort of historic PT boat or landing craft or something tied up next to Nissan Stadium for a short while a couple years ago but I can't rustle up any news mention of it.

I found a link to an article at nps.gov but it's not there now.  There is probably a few posts somewhere on this forum about these boats that were made in Nashville early in WW2.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GregH said:

LST-325 from Evansville was downtown in September 2012 at least, I think it has been back since then.

USS LST-325 | WWII Landing Ship | Evansville, IN (lstmemorial.org)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 500 Lafayette (27 stories, 350 residential units, street level retail/office, internal garage)
  • 1 year later...