Tennessee Titans Game Chat

MLBrumby

15 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'll say this much... this season has brought a lot of kids of friends of ours over to being fans of The Titans.  Now, a lot of them are still loya to their "first" team. The kid next door is a huge Bears fan as his parents moved him and his siblings from Chicago a few years ago. But up till this season, he was never to be found during a Bears game. Now he's always occupied during the Bears and Titans games.  Anyway, anecdotal. 

Well, the #1 seed means that Nashville gets spotlighted in at least one additional, possibly two (though I've been a Titans fan too long for that) nationally-televised and high-profile home games.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

They just look so out of sync... the 'favorite' tag just doesn't suit some teams... but there's still time.  

EDIT:  Annnnnd there's a Bengals touchdown.  Good Lord... it's almost like they heard all the praise and the hype and the chatter about them finally getting Henry back and being full strength and blah blah blah and they just took a big sigh and said, 'cool this will be easy!'

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Tannehill has just been horrific today.  We deserve to lose this game honestly.

Yep... and yes!  Ugh.... when he's off, he is OFF!  Why not just keep it on the ground and burn the clock up for a few more plays for a kick? What's the worst that can happen.. OT?  Just so disappointing. The fault with Tanny all season is that when he is playing "OFF" he still gets overconfident and tries to pass when he shouldn't. 

Kudos to the Defense... even though Hooker was off today. But the whole D helped each other. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Yep... and yes!  Ugh.... when he's off, he is OFF!  Why not just keep it on the ground and burn the clock up for a few more plays for a kick? What's the worst that can happen.. OT?  Just so disappointing. The fault with Tanny all season is that when he is playing "OFF" he still gets overconfident and tries to pass when he shouldn't. 

EXACTLY!!!!!  Worst case on that last drive should have been just punt it away and go to OT... i mean I know the ball was tipped which isn't Tannehill's fault, but he still shouldn't have made the pass in tight coverage in that situation to begin with.  And it's not all on him either... how about choosing to go for two instead of one!  We would have had the lead in that last drive!  Just stupid decision after stupid play after stupid decision after stupid play... Titans shot themselves in the foot like eight times... so, so frustrating.  I mean, ZERO POINTS IN THE FOURTH?  What a joke.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

If someone had told me that we were going to lose Henry half way through the season but that we still make the playoffs and lose in the divisional round, I would've been incredibly impressed and probably would've assumed that Julio must've been putting some major points on the board, but then if you told me that Julio didn't even see the end zone until the last game of the season, I would've figured that Tannehill must've really stepped up and logged  some truly incredible numbers, but then if you told me his passing tds fell by about a third from last season while his interceptions increased by a factor of about 3, I would've guessed that the core role players must've really upped their game to the next level with consistent improvement and gelling team chemistry, but then if you told me we actually set an NFL record for the number of different guys that had to suit up because of endless injuries, well, then suddenly winning the conference seems less surprising/exciting and more straight up dumbfounding/awe-inspiring. That's the kind of season I think I would've been really excited to get to watch play out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Haha no.

2019 we started off 2-4 and went to the AFC championship game. The NFL is a marathon of a season. 

This is a far worse team. Bad all around. We should have a thread for nashville sports teams other than this thread. I’ve watched lots of bad titans games, patriots in 2008 comes to mind. But this was up there with the worst performances of the past two decades.

10 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Remind me to never pick you for my team, it’s only week 3 and you’re ready to throw in the towel. 

They are very bad. The division is very bad too, so they might win 6 games.

5 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

The NFL is if nothing else about parity. The Ravens are struggling with the Colts currently, I guess they should pack it up and call it a year!

They can score at least :)

edit: worst offensive performance since being the Houston oilers with 94 yards. Lost 9 of the last 10.

Edited by samsonh
  • Like 1