White Point / Greystar / Barings / MRP - East x South

j-man

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, davidclt said:

I remember even when it was built, it was criticized for being pedestrian unfriendly.

True. It was set back from the street and parking in the front, counter to the neighborhood requests and similar businesses nearby. See CVS as a compromise made to such concerns. Brick was a sop to planning. A brick clocktower was proposed at corner but never made the cut, thankfully. I rarely visited the place, mostly because I wished to withdraw my custom from the business to show my disagreement with their design. I lived walking distance, 3.5 blocks from the place. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 9:57 AM, tarhoosier said:

True. It was set back from the street and parking in the front, counter to the neighborhood requests and similar businesses nearby. See CVS as a compromise made to such concerns. Brick was a sop to planning. A brick clocktower was proposed at corner but never made the cut, thankfully. I rarely visited the place, mostly because I wished to withdraw my custom from the business to show my disagreement with their design. I lived walking distance, 3.5 blocks from the place. 

Same and same. I entered the place once to get passport photos only because with a coupon, they had the best price by half. 

• Like 1

Managed to grab a pic this time while I was stuck at the light. Later a pic from my car of the quad cranes as I was approaching from the opposite direction.
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_06/IMG_9964.thumb.JPG.88be5132bac820cf9f36d6e8f59e46de.JPG
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_06/IMG_9973.thumb.JPG.f7c4728776da9e0f947477d810a0e04b.JPG

4 tower cranes side by side…all in one picture…geez
  • Like 2

I am now just taking bets on which gets started now.  If you are not out of the gate by end of the year it could be delayed due to financing, inflation and other market conditions.  I do think Portman's tower will get started next to the Line on Hawkins.  But lets just see which developers have the financing lined up to get started on these.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The second phase of the Lowes tower is going to start fairly soon from what I understand as well. With the Cousins and Sycamore sites you might be able to get 10 cranes in 1 picture in the next 6 months.

2nd phase is office or some other use?

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I was hearing residential but had heard office too.  But most recently residential. 

Which lot is this?  When will someone build on that truck lot across Hawkins from Lowe’s.  I can’t take south end seriously as a stroll district until something is done with that…and with the lot with no sidewalks at Hawkins and Tremont…:)

Just now, RANYC said:

Which lot is this?  When will someone build on that truck lot across Hawkins from Lowe’s.  I can’t take south end seriously as a stroll district until something is done with that…and with the lot with no sidewalks at Hawkins and Tremont…:)

Not across Hawkins but to the side facing Camden apartments on West Blvd.    That huge bakery site will be going on the market soon I hear.  

• Like 4