White Point / Greystar / Barings / MRP - East x South

j-man

10 hours ago, CLT Development said:

You won't be heading to Sandwich Max much longer :ph34r:

or Wells Fargo, Miller Services, H&H Auto, Lucky Fish, Modern Man, Concentra, Brakes 4 Less, Charles Proper, Campbell's Green House, the place that would have replaced Mr Ks and more. Heck I'm hearing you might not be able to buy a McLaren soon.

Would the plans for H&H also include the recently built Atrium OB/GYN office? 

At this point southend alone is starting to rival skylines and development across other cities in the state if not already doing so but this… if even a fraction of these come to fruition southend will blow all cities in NC out of the water and perhaps even start challenging Raleigh’s downtown on its own. With Queensbridge, if it’s ~600ft tall that alone would give SouthEnd the tallest building between the two.

Totally agree, even outside of NC! Coming from the Midwest, it’s not even close to the hyper speed of what I have seen here in SouthEnd!
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like they're about to close the sidewalk along East and move pedestrian traffic to a (shipping container) Habitrail. The same coming to the East Blvd side I wonder?

Yeah they have them all set up along South Blvd now. The container walkway isn’t open yet (you can still walk on the normal sidewalk), but I’m sure next week they will make the switch and expand the construction barrier.
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Midwoodian said:

I read through the entire thread and may have missed it, but what does Barings have to do with this project?

Are they relocating to the office parcel and opening up space in the uptown tower?

they are the financial partner Barings is of the office tower I know not sure apartment Greystars apartment tower.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

A couple of renderings of the office component.  

Also, some additional details.

23 stories -  1 floor retail, 9 floor parking, 13 floors office 

400k sq ft of office space, about 13k sq ft of retail (one facing South and one facing the rail trail)

image.png.5166bcc0e0d2e3f0dfb51dea8e6bf3da.png

image.png.be365c02ea31fc648bcda9a931c793e0.png

I'm not impressed with the parking deck screening. Otherwise, the building looks nice and I'm glad it does include some retail. I'm all for more retail on South and especially along the Rail Trail

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

A couple of renderings of the office component.  
Also, some additional details.
23 stories -  1 floor retail, 9 floor parking, 13 floors office 
400k sq ft of office space, about 13k sq ft of retail (one facing South and one facing the rail trail)
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_09/image.png.5166bcc0e0d2e3f0dfb51dea8e6bf3da.png
http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_09/image.png.be365c02ea31fc648bcda9a931c793e0.png

Wow!! This is a lot more interesting than I was expecting it would be! I like it!
  • Like 2