White Point / Greystar / Barings / MRP - East x South

j-man

Oh wow it’s going to go the whole block?? Don’t listen to me I know nothing clearly. Looks like it maybe wraps around on East at least on the South side. Hope the same is true for rail trail, the other side of the Camden intersection is very well activated with retail and I think East/West can be a great pedestrian corridor in itself 

I'm not impressed with the parking deck screening. Otherwise, the building looks nice and I'm glad it does include some retail. I'm all for more retail on South and especially along the Rail Trail

Perhaps one day we’ll engineer a way to reuse those integrated parking decks. When you have engineers there’s always a way. I hold out hope for that: if it is necessary, it will be done. Still sucks we depend so much on it though!
  • Like 4

This is actually a support form for pouring concrete ceilings/floors not scaffolding, these get put in place, then the concrete is poured, then it cures on top, and its yanked out to be moved up to the next floor, rinse and repeat until the building is complete!

Oh yeah, that’s right! Thank you for pointing that out! Reusable forms are definitely the best way to go!

I had noticed that they still have full bracing on each floor starting at the first floor. I assume this would be to transfer the load to the ground instead of each floor. Would they stay up for a while until the concrete fully cures and the ramp concrete pours are done?
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s definitely starting to make the Dilworth Artisan Station look small now. Those random columns that have weird angles to them are so odd to me. I’m very curious to know what that is for and how it shows on the plans.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn’t sure where else to post this:
Does anyone know what’s happening to the Miller Services building across the street from the Greystar project?

Yesterday I saw a mass exodus of Miller Service trucks and now it looks like they are getting ready to gut the building (they have a bunch of staging of vehicles happening now).

961649d670347d9fdfd99be6ff788dc4.jpg
17d7a0eef27649a5a0abe6f6adfdf509.jpg

• Like 4