Villages of Summerfield Farms (Summerfield)

cityboi

One of Greensboro's suburbs could be getting a nearly 1,000 acre development with over 3,700 residential units, commercial and restaurants. The kind of suburban development you see in places such as Cary or Chapel Hill. Surely there will be some in the town who will be against it because it could change Summerfield from having a small town setting to having a suburban setting. The development however is well planned. Development such as this will be needed for the future job growth that's coming. Greensboro water and sewer would hook up to the development. The developer's proposal however doesn’t conform to the town ordinance and is looking for an exception for this particular development. It would be the largest development in Summerfield's history but at the same time its a smart growth and well planned for this community. Unlike some suburbs in the state, this development will still help retain its rural character and not just become an extention of Greensboro with big box retailers, shopping centers etc. The uphill battle would be the apartments in the project because apartment communities are not allowed in Summerfield. But the developer said it would not curtail his project of town council votes no on the apartments portion.

https://villagesofsummerfieldfarms.com/

Screenshot_20220203-182758_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-182809_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-182818_Chrome.jpg

Picture-for-Summerfield-Farms-Village-627x376.png

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 3

• cityboi changed the title to Villages of Summerfield Farms (Summerfield)

1 hour ago, DCB said:

Hopefully the fact that the people that were so opposed to this lost in November means this will actually get built because I really don't think you'll ever see something better than this proposed for that land.

I agree. This is a really great development and quite frankly I haven't seen anything else like it in Guilford County based on preliminary renderings. This seems very organic and I love the hiking trails which would be a part of it.

• 4 months later...