Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Santiago Calatrava

I was hoping that maybe someone had some pictures of some of Calatrava's works. I've seen a few on the internet but most aren't much bigger than thumbnails. For that matter does anyone have anything to say about him or his works? On one of the other threads I saw a mention of a symphony hall designed by him for Atlanta that is in the works. It looked a little of a cross between his opera house in Tenerife and the art museum in Milwuakee.

well calatrava is very good architect although some call him unsual and repetitive.as you said he has done the opera house in tenerefi(can't spell it) and the milwuakee which both looked spectacular for the symphony center in atlanta his design was very similar to both and he was critized for it.now he just finished a design for a new skyscraper which looked very intriguing but cool and is now working on one in chicago.

http://www.calatrava.com

He is also designing the new LRT bridge in Jerusalem, which has only began being constructed: Link (The page is in Hebrew, but you can englare the images by clicking them).

He is also designing the new LRT bridge in Jerusalem, which has only began being constructed: Link (The page is in Hebrew, but you can englare the images by clicking them).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks great

:ph34r:

I have seen a couple of his works in skyscrapercity.com and they are just the peak of the master architecture.

I also wish he could make some design in my country. I know, it sounds maybe too bold :rolleyes:

I have seen a couple of his works in skyscrapercity.com and they are just the peak of the master architecture.

I also wish he could make some design in my country. I know, it sounds maybe too bold :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But you know, many have now similar styles. In my country we have abunch of buildings that could pass as Calatrava's. Of course, if anayzed correctly, one will find obvious differences, but at a first glance, the style has already been copied. :ph34r:

But you know, many have now similar styles. In my country we have abunch of buildings that could pass as Calatrava's. Of course, if anayzed correctly, one will find obvious differences, but at a first glance, the style has already been copied.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, maybe you are right, but after seeing the proposed bridges for Dallas, the one of them reminds me a bit new bridge across the Danube in Bratislava. Still, that one in Dallas is exceptional.