Crescent: Carson Southend (Enterprise site) S. Tryon x Carson MXD

KJHburg

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going to guess this is part of the Tapestry Collection.  They were planning one at the Midtown site, but I think the hotel there has been scrapped.

My guess would be for this being a Canopy.
I thought the Tapestry Collection was primarily for reflags of independent or boutique hotels in the mid-tier range. A lower end version of the Curio Collection. And from that IG post it sounds more on the upscale side. Upscale urban format and in a trendy neighborhood seems to be Canopy’s sweet spot. And there were previous plans to put a canopy on one of the Levine plots in First Ward that obviously fell through like all of his endeavors. So this would still give the brand a foothold in the Uptown market. I know there’s already a Canopy in South Park but these would be two very distinct markets.
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Once they can get an anchor tenant maybe 20% they would probably start but the Spectrum leasing team is on it from their recent success at Vantage Southend.  I think this project has to be built all at once due to its configuration. 

How much office space will this project have?   Hopefully, not a lot, and filling 20% will be easy.

13 minutes ago, TCLT said:

Positively Yours. For those seeking an energizing experience, Canopy by Hilton is the hotel brand that creates "a positive stay" with its simple, guest-directed service and thoughtful, local choices.

Good god.  Shouldn’t we expect a positive stay anywhere we book a room?  And why the quotes around “a positive stay”?   Is there supposed to be innuendo there?   And what isn’t “guest-directed” for a hotel?  I guess with 18 brands, the list of adjectives gets kinda thin when you have to write this drivel.  

I really knew the answer to the question I was asking in that other post but it’s really at the point of ridiculousness now.  31 brands for Marriott??  What are they?  The Baskin-Robbins of hotels?

Edited by turbocraig
  • Like 1

I am a Hilton Honors guy and usually only stay at their hotels.  Tapestry is more their boutique brand for example Hotel Ballast in downtown Wilmington.  Canopys will always be called a Canopy _________ like the Canopy Southpark. 

But Marriott is the king of brands after their merger with Westin family a few years back.  Hotel loyalty programs are huge so there are Marriott people or Hilton people like me we usually look within the family.    Actually I think is very smart to have multiple brands within the parent to fit every taste.  The Grand Bohemian and Aloft are both part of the Marriott family but I doubt they have many crossover guests.  People would prefer one to another.    Hilton has 6 brands in uptown so another in Southend would be good.   Marriott has 13 brands uptown within the loop!  (and with their Element under construction they will have 14 brands)   So I would say we are lacking Hilton hotel properties uptown and in Southend (where there is only one hotel currently the Holiday Inn express part of the IHG family)

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes they are waiting on a tenant however the office portion is about 585K so probably need a 100K anchor.   The rest is a hotel and apartments. 

But don’t they plan to build the whole thing (office, hotel, and residential) at once?  So it won’t start until they get a tenant?  I hope that they find one soon.

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But don’t they plan to build the whole thing (office, hotel, and residential) at once?  So it won’t start until they get a tenant?  I hope that they find one soon.

yes it will be built at once from what I understand just saying the office tenant is the key to kicking the whole thing off.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

yes it will be built at once from what I understand just saying the office tenant is the key to kicking the whole thing off.

I am not confident in this being built soon with the way the office market currently is. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1