Crescent: Carson Southend (Enterprise site) S. Tryon x Carson MXD

KJHburg

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I thinking they have updated this website for Carson and Tryon.  In additional to the office tower it will have a 200 room hotel and 200 apartments around the parking garage.  

https://www.carsontryon.com/

I believe this will be the next office tower to rise in Southend after Queensbridge gets going.  

website is updated, but scope of the project is the same

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I might down east in NC but heard through the grape vine Crescent has applied for grading permits on this one.  So dirt will be flying on both sides of South Tryon.  I am as excited as a whirligig  on a windy day.  

20230626_090246.jpg

Whoa that’s huge.  Why do I get so excited at this kind of news?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Might they build this in stages (e.g., start with the hotel and residential part and build the offices later)?  Alternatively, I wonder if they’d consider diminishing the office space and increasing the residential space.

I think it can be built in phases like the residential and hotel separate from office tower.  All of it sits on a huge parking deck or surrounds it. 

• Like 3

So then construction might start soon then.  Is that correct?  Is the site boarded off yet?  I won’t be there until late July.  I had hoped to go to the July 8th game, but my kids preferred the game against Nexaca.

Is the office building the bigger one on the east side of the site?

image.thumb.jpeg.2274a48c15ecf7460e73d332e85fe8f7.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

Yeah office is the taller one on the right side of that rendering.  Unsure on timeframe for the office.  Last I heard they were waiting on an anchor tenant.  The answer for how long that takes is far, far above my pay grade.  I haven't been involved in the hotel/apt so zero knowledge there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Poo Diddy said:

Yeah office is the taller one on the right side of that rendering.  Unsure on timeframe for the office.  Last I heard they were waiting on an anchor tenant.  The answer for how long that takes is far, far above my pay grade.  I haven't been involved in the hotel/apt so zero knowledge there.

Does the office building also include the dark stone structure under the glass structure on the right, or is that black stone bit part of the hotel/residential potion?

A621B88C-2BDE-4A13-8C18-24D622266B3E.jpeg

Yes you can build the podium parking deck and wrap around apartments and hotel first then the office tower when anchor tenant signs.  a hotel is very NEEDED in this area  as there are a couple planned but none underway right now and this one does it could delay another hotel or may not.  In south end now there is one the Holiday Inn Express and does pretty good from what I see.  

https://www.carsontryon.com/

the hotel is high rise in itself.  

• Like 4