Considering what a cluster-f Green Hills already is for traffic and the mishmash of architecture (very pedestrian unfriendly, etc.), it's difficult to make a solid case that the building will exacerbate traffic or drive down property values. IDK what's already allowed there, but no doubt it's multi-story commercial. If it's part of a strategy to negotiate "down" a few floors, then larger buildings like this seem inevitable in that stretch of GH.  Warfield Drive doesn't have many houses (residents) who have lived there longer than a few years, after the trend toward taller and denser had been established.  Seems quite likely to get a building like this approved. 

• Like 4

I'm not a developer, but I'd think you'd get a degree of more neighborhood buy in if the residential portion were condos rather than apartments. I think an lot of empty nester types would jump at the chance to stay in Green Hills without the distractions of a free standing home. Apartment dwellers seem transient. 

• Like 3

Looking at the Google map, it looks as if the homes that were there have been taken down and a number of new homes have been built since then. Those folks are not going to be happy. These are the Homes on Kimbark that are behind the area of the building. They have taken down all of the older SFH's and replaced with attached duplex style townhomes. That has continued behind where this structure is going to be built.

58 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Looking at the Google map, it looks as if the homes that were there have been taken down and a number of new homes have been built since then. Those folks are not going to be happy. These are the Homes on Kimbark that are behind the area of the building. They have taken down all of the older SFH's and replaced with attached duplex style townhomes. That has continued behind where this structure is going to be built.

And the answer to them will be that they're new to the area too, and they knew when they moved into the area that GH would be densifying even more and that means going vertical.  The dwindling longtime residents of the area have some grounds to gripe, but to my point above, if they had really cared about traffic and pedestrian access and general quality of life and development then they should have been way out front a long time ago.  It's like my perennial gripe with Hamilton County, if you guys had gotten out ahead of the matter there'd be better understanding and trust between residents, government and developers. Now they're all behind the curve. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to get the height of Vertis. I have reached out to their company officials, but I would take a jab and think it is about 230'. The building at 4100 is going to be 270' & Eden House will be 190' estimated.

I guess I am going to bite the bullet and try to update for Emporis and there are glaring pieces of information missing. Vertis is not even on the list. It does not look as if Emporis has been updated is some time except for a large project here and there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...