New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

26 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

They are at least saying the right things to push for a new stadium. I really don't think it is smart to put the stadium closer to the highway though. 

We literally have Busch Stadium here abuting the double-decked I-64 in downtown St. Louis, and there are other stadiums in other sports close to and/or abuting highways. 

26 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

We literally have Busch Stadium here abuting the double-decked I-64 in downtown St. Louis, and there are other stadiums in other sports close to and/or abuting highways. 

From your perspective, would you say this has had any effects on the fans' experience during Cardinals games?

10 minutes ago, colemangaines said:

From your perspective, would you say this has had any effects on the fans' experience during Cardinals games?

I have been to several Cardinals games, and the freeway being right next to the stadium has been no issue whatsoever.

But something that should be remembered in regards to a new Titans Stadium to the east of Nissan Stadium is that Interstate Drive will serve as a buffer between the stadium and I-24 inner belt.

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 11.23.06 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

Oh I'm not saying putting a stadium against the highway is bad (The Titans stadium wouldn't because of Interstate drive not going anywhere cause of the hotels), but rather I think if we are building a district where we are specifically talking about affordability, folks who are looking for neighborhood essentials, that the stadium should not be in between those neighborhoods and those neighborhood elements. The stadium – IMHO – should be between the busy tourist district and the neighborhood, bringing the neighborhood elements closer to those residents they are talking about and essentially targeting support from.

I mentioned this on the previous page.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, Bos2Nash said:

Pushing a new stadium to the east is essentially asking for an extension of Lower Broadway. The stadium serves as a GREAT termination of everything that is going on on Lower Broadway and by placing the stadium between the Honky Tonk district and any new districts that is created on the East Bank. This obviously creates a logistical problem for the Titans because this would require imploding the existing Nissan Stadium without a new stadium in place. My suggestion would be to temporarily move the Titans into the Nashville SC stadium (see Chicago Bears, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers for temporary stadiums with smaller capacities) for two years while a new stadium is built. For me, I would love to see a new stadium better aligned with the end of Lower Broadway - without compromising the Pedestrian Bridge of course - to provide a really impressive backdrop for Lower Broadway. I think a road diet of the Woodland Street bridge to improve pedestrian and other multi modal initiatives would be served well as part of a stadium project (think of it like part of infrastructure improvement around the stadium).

Fenway Park is also right next to the Mass Pike and it has no effect on the game. It's always a big deal when a player hits a home run over the Green Monster because folks wonder if it does get to the highway. talk about a terrifying experience from the drivers perspective haha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NashRugger said:

Lincoln Financial in Philadelphia sits right next to I-95 (literally, with no structure in between) and the proximity doesn't impact the game experience at all.

61c5515633cab53bbdf82c2f5ac1c302.jpg

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

The mental gymnastics the oilers fans have been doing is hilarious.

Like a 16 year old wanting a new car because the one they got needs new tires and an oil change.

Except the tires and oil change don't cost half as much as a new car. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

The mental gymnastics the oilers fans have been doing is hilarious.

Like a 16 year old wanting a new car because the one they got needs new tires and an oil change.

I agree with you on most things, but this reportedly isn't true. Even when looking past the strictly superficial fan experience things (which are really bad), it's the logistics and structure of the building that are reportedly driving this new stadium talk. Things like the plumbing and wiring are drastically out of date and will be requiring significant upgrades to keep them functional, and from what I've heard, it's essentially because Titans ownership failed to maintain/upgrade the stadium in any way for years. Luckily, it seems that Amy Adams Strunk has turned things around in regards to being a hands-on and actually caring presence for the team, but that doesn't change the fact that she inherited a building that was pretty bare-bones even when it was completed. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, satalac said:

Except the tires and oil change don't cost half as much as a new car. 

3 hours ago, henburg said:

I agree with you on most things, but this reportedly isn't true. Even when looking past the strictly superficial fan experience things (which are really bad), it's the logistics and structure of the building that are reportedly driving this new stadium talk. Things like the plumbing and wiring are drastically out of date and will be requiring significant upgrades to keep them functional, and from what I've heard, it's essentially because Titans ownership failed to maintain/upgrade the stadium in any way for years. Luckily, it seems that Amy Adams Strunk has turned things around in regards to being a hands-on and actually caring presence for the team, but that doesn't change the fact that she inherited a building that was pretty bare-bones even when it was completed. 

Yeah.  The 16 year old is telling everyone that each tire costs $100 million and the oil change is $75 million.

Classic sales tactic. 

Don't believe a fvcking got dam word the oilers boomer woman inherited franchise says.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

On our titans forum a guy who I respect and believe says there have been talks about 1/3 being funded by the State of TN.  Apparently this deal would also allow the city to develop some of the parking areas around the stadium for standard development but also to potentially relocate TPAC. I don't know who this guys sources are so this is just a rumor but he's been right on other stuff before. 

the reason I ask is that there is rumblings of a new stadium here in Charlotte for the Panthers.  However our relatively new owner said it might be 1/3 local money. 1/3 his money, 1/3 from the sale of PSLs which we already have those so I guess they will increase in price.  It seems further off though like a couple of years and our MLS team Charlotte FC pays in the stadium now and would continue to share a stadium no matter what happens.   He Mr Tepper our owner to the MLS he was not going to build a soccer only stadium given the massive success of the Atlanta team that shares the Mercedes stadium with their NFL team. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

the reason I ask is that there is rumblings of a new stadium here in Charlotte for the Panthers.  However our relatively new owner said it might be 1/3 local money. 1/3 his money, 1/3 from the sale of PSLs which we already have those so I guess they will increase in price.  It seems further off though like a couple of years and our MLS team Charlotte FC pays in the stadium now and would continue to share a stadium no matter what happens.   He Mr Tepper our owner to the MLS he was not going to build a soccer only stadium given the massive success of the Atlanta team that shares the Mercedes stadium with their NFL team. 

Don't quote me on this but the other prevailing rumor on the titans forum is something along the lines of 1/3rd team funded, 1/3rd State funded, and the rest funded by tourism/hotel taxes and other revenue streams not related to property taxes. I hope that's true because people might lose their minds with another property tax increase during this economic period. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

I’m interested to see layout of what the 100 acres will look like…and of course, what the Titans stadium will look like.  As many have said, would be nice to do something similar to the structure in Indy because of not only the simplicity of it…but the brick structure would be timeless and fit in nicely in Nashville…and probably look the best within a livable neighborhood.

I think it would be really cool to see subtle replicas of The Coliseum in Rome incorporated into the stadium. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Is it at all feasible to build a Coliseum facade? Trying to avoid tackiness / unnecessary expense. I’m imagining a circular stadium with a stone exterior.  

Yeah, fine line between being ridiculously expensive and ridiculously tacky, but a Greek subtlety in the design can go a long way, IMO. 

• Like 2