UP on mobile

PaulChinetti

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Does anyone else find the site basically unusable on mobile because of the constant verification?

Is there a setting to turn off from my end to fix it?

I don't seem to have any issue on my phone (iPhone 12 max using Safari). It might be a browser setting that is clearing history/cookies/cache so every time you come back to the site it is like a brand new device coming to the site for the first time. 

That is my wild guess though. I have verify literally every time I log in to my AT&T account from my phone so I could be completely wrong haha

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 9:05 AM, PaulChinetti said:

Does anyone else find the site basically unusable on mobile because of the constant verification?

Is there a setting to turn off from my end to fix it?

Yes... I get a blank page on the first Topic page for Nashville. I was getting it on my office computer (Windows) but it's now working ok. I told @markhollin and  he copied/forwarded to @dmillsphoto. I think he fixed that part of the issue (thanks, David). I just go through the development map whenever I use my iphone and find a link to whatever project thread I want to look at. A bit clunky but I'm clunky with tech anyway. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 3:26 PM, samsonh said:

In the past few days UP has a new ad scheme that makes the site annoying on desktop and borderline unusable on mobile. I get that everyone has to pay the bills but this is quite annoying. 

Old school page separated, linear, descending forums like this one are really difficult to translate to mobile.  Yet, they are the superior method for long form discussions that can take place over years/decades.

Unfortunately, the world has moved to mobile forum-esque platforms like FB, Insta and Twitter (and maybe a little bit of Reddit) where they generally load a portion of the conversation and if you want more you have to continually hit the 'load more' button but you never know where you'll end up in the conversation.  This makes it basically impossible to track quotes, replies, etc.