Marriott Hotel, 125 7th Ave. North (21 stories, 442 rooms, 16,000 sq. ft. restaurant, 25,000 sq. ft. meeting space, 287 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

Not surprising to see another hotel. Wish it was more residential units downtown though. The thing that stands out the most to me is the use of the "internal parking garage" language. We are looking at approximately 400 parking spots from a market perspective (no parking requirements within the DTC so the parking is completely set by the developer), so if they don't go down, that is a significant parking podium...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Not surprising to see another hotel. Wish it was more residential units downtown though. The thing that stands out the most to me is the use of the "internal parking garage" language. We are looking at approximately 400 parking spots from a market perspective (no parking requirements within the DTC so the parking is completely set by the developer), so if they don't go down, that is a significant parking podium...

Selfishly, all I'm imagining with this is MORE height!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Marriott Hotel, 125 7th Ave. North (23 stories, 428 rooms, 16,000 sq. ft. restaurant, internal garage)
26 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

This site had a large building thet was demolished.  i think it was an office tower, but I have forgotten the company thay occupied it.  Anyone remember?

Genesco. It was a semi-twin to the now-Holston Hotel across the street.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Will this odd little building be demolished for this new hotel?  I sort of like it, more because it looks like a bit of a time capsule from a really early time (the brick fronting Commerce) and the mid-century "modern" redo. Judging from the truncated name on the old brick, I'm guessing the facelift was necessitated by widening of 8th Avenue. Anyway, with so many whole blocks being replaced by the shiney new buildings downtown, this little building "stands out" to me. I suppose it's not long for this world. 

cbk?cb_client=maps_sv.tactile&authuser=0&hl=en&gl=us&output=thumbnail&thumb=2&w=345&h=170&pitch=-4.49452259460611&ll=36.16021994760541%2C-86.78300218793039&panoid=XUvqt1iaIafv3AQTbnS2QA&yaw=99.54756195481373

As for the design of the Marriott, I'm ok with it. It's a cliche with its 5-6 stories of parking in the podium, utility/elevator tower at the corner and rooftop amenities. Reminds me somewhat of the Drury on KVB (which isn't a bad looking new building) but this one appears to have more setbacks for a bit more design interest. I'm curious to know what that vertical "tail" on the opposite corner is about. It will mean more people on the streets at all times of day and a livelier connection between LoBro and Nashville Yards.  It's really only a half-block from the southern edge of the AEG complex. And more supply of hotel rooms downtown is always good for competition. I tried to reserve a room recently (anywhere at one of the 3-4 stars downtown) and it astonished me how much (around $500 for a weekend night). So I used points to reserve a room in Green Hills that was regularly over $400!!  

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Marriott Hotel will be 23 stories with 428 rooms, 25,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a 16,000 sq. ft./400 capacity restaurant, coffee shop, M Club lounge, business center, fitness center, and an elevated pool deck.  Civil Design Group is involved in the project.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-image-released-for-marriott-planned-for-downtown/article_485dac22-cbc7-11ec-bf28-0bb37fc44a77.html

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 7.43.17 AM.png

Nice infill for this area, for sure. Height would've been good though. Looks like this one might come in around 250 - 275 feet or so? 

A 400 - 450 footer would've been sweet. :)

• Like 4

• markhollin changed the title to Marriott Hotel, 125 7th Ave. North (20 stories, 426 rooms, 16,000 sq. ft. restaurant, 287 capacity internal garage)
  • markhollin changed the title to Marriott Hotel, 125 7th Ave. North (21 stories, 238', 426 rooms, 16,000 sq. ft. restaurant, 287 capacity internal garage)

Really disappointed that brand didn't do better than infill.   My dream was we'd get one of their Marriott Marquis's.  They tend to be tall  (500'+ in both NYC and Atlanta).  Shucks, the Marriott in Detroit is 700'.

I know Nashville isn't NYC.  Still though..

.https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/hotels/2014/01/08/americas-tallest-hotel-marriott-courtyard-residence-inn/4379341/

Oh well, can't win 'em all.  We'll take it! 

Maybe if we can add a few more hotels, these RIDICULOUS (from one man's perspective)  nightly rates might stop pretending to be gas prices on steroids!!!!  Planning my next visit and I'm priced out of downtown for sure.  I guess the W and I won't become an item after all.

• Like 4